Author Topic: Length of Hair Violation  (Read 1066 times)

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Length of Hair Violation
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
This is one of the main reasons why it's instrumental for each Wrestling Official Association to be consistent. It seems like he snuck through the cracks and finally got called out on it. I, myself, have been guilty to let a kid wrestle without a haircover whose hair did not technically meet the rule (hair a quarter inch too long). I tell the kid and the coach, by the next match, he's going to need a trim or a legal haircover. I don't lose sleep over that decision. I'm still trying to figure out how a coach, trainer, team, and anyone else there, including the ref allowed this to happen in front of everyone. Such a travesty. I just wish we had the full story. Be interesting to see how this plays out....

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 03:29:19 PM »
Yeah the more I hear, the more I question the coach.  What this a case where he didn't act because of fear of it looking like a racial issue and let others do his talking.?  Why didn't this coach assure the correct headgear was available for the kid, either buying it or advising the kid where to buy it.?

Those watching the after bout video want to believe it was the ref instigating his low attitude walking off the mat because his forced the trim, when it was the kid kicking himself down for knowingly not getting the correct headgear and losing his dreads because of his own lax attitude.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 03:35:39 PM »
This would be a COMPLETELY different story if the ref didn't have that "blemish" on his record. I feel for the guy to a certain degree.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 09:35:04 AM »
Doesn't appear to be any ruling yet.  I think they are letting it cool down first.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 04:27:11 PM »
Referee Maloney teetering on the brink.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-6813696449000523731/dreadlock-refs-technical-mastery-stained-by-long-history-of-racial-conflict/

Given the current attitude in NJ government, Maloney is highly likely to get banned from refereeing anywhere in NJ.  Not for this incident alone, but his body of criticism.  Individually, not much, it's the volume.

Highly respected on the mat, but boy has he create his share of enemies.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 08:11:53 PM »
Doesn't look good for him at all......

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
I don't think they will do anything to him.  Most of the accusations seem petty other than his drunken use of the "n" word and that is history.  I can see him retiring as he must be nearing 70.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »
I don't think they will do anything to him.  Most of the accusations seem petty other than his drunken use of the "n" word and that is history.  I can see him retiring as he must be nearing 70.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »
Updates?

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 11:36:03 PM »
Nope, HS season is over. Maloney hasn't reffed NJ since December.  The state essentially completed its interviews back in January.  Outcome is essentially moot since the school admin throughout the south of the state have blackballed him.  I doubt any will be convinced to let him in the gym next season, outside a state report that backs him up.  I think there is too much other baggage the will hinder his return..  It will trickle over to the junior freestyle season too.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 06:44:45 AM »

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »
As required by NJ law he has filed a notice of intent to sue a whole host of public entities for defamation.  NJ doesn't offer the sovereign immunity, or even a tort cap, from liability that other states maintain to protect public entities.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »
I think he has a pretty good case...will be interesting to see how much he gets.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »
Trying for nominal retirement checks.  Each of the entities have different insurers so he targeting multiple pockets.His best shot may well be the news org and reporter that broke the story calling it racist. He'll never work a match in south jersey again.  He can't force the school districts and tournament directors to hire him through a court action, so he's toast, and the rep will follow him if he tries for work in South PA or Delaware.