Author Topic: Cal State Bakersfield gets their 2nd "upset" of a Top 25 team in last 2 weeks  (Read 564 times)

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
Two weeks ago Cal State Bakersfield upset Stanford which was ranked # 22 at that time.  This week Cal State Bakersfield upset # 25 Fresno State in an excellent match yesterday afternoon.   ALL TEN MATCHES were decided by Decision only.  No bonus points for either team.  Final score was CSUB 18 - Fresno State 12.  And according to the rankings in WrestleStat three CSUB wrestlers upset their Fresno State opponents.

125 lbs - CSUB's Eddie Flores (Ranked # 222 on WrestleStat) defeated Fresno State's Robert Garcia (Ranked #132 on WrestleStat) - Score was 9-8 Flores over Garcia

165 lbs CSUB's Jacob Thalin (Ranked # 120) defeated Fresno State's Isaiah Hokit (Ranked # 94) - Score was 7-3 Thalin over Hokit

184 lbs CSUB's Dom Ducharme (Ranked # 108) defeated Fresno State's Jackson Hemauer (Ranked # 33) - Score was 3-2 in OT Ducharme over Hemaur (Won by not allowing escape in OT)

IF Fresno State had won the final match by decision Fresno would have won the dual on criteria as the score would have been 15-15 and after 9 matches Fresno's wrestlers had scored 11 more points than the CSUB wrestlers (47 to 36).  However Bakersfield's Carlos Herrera defeated Fresno State's Christoper Deloza 15-11 to win the dual for Bakersfield.

https://gorunners.com/news/2019/2/9/wrestling-roadrunners-take-down-no-25-fresno-state-for-feud-on-the-field-victory.aspx

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
CORRECTION - Ducharme is ranked # 49 on WrestleState - not # 108.  Sure wish there was a way to EDIT a posted message on this forum.

Offline BigJ

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link, Valley braggin' rights!  For now.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
CORRECTION - Ducharme is ranked # 49 on WrestleState - not # 108.  Sure wish there was a way to EDIT a posted message on this forum.

You cant edit the content if you created a new string.

The only way you can edit a post, is if you are quick to it before the "Remove" button on the right goes away.

Copy the post you want to edit.  Delete the old post by clicking the Remove botton,.  Create a new Reply post, paste the old content, edit it, and repost.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
As soon as I post, I read it to check for typos so I have time to correct. But as RYou said, it doesn't work on the initial post of a thread.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile

You cant edit the content if you created a new string.

The only way you can edit a post, is if you are quick to it before the "Remove" button on the right goes away.

Copy the post you want to edit.  Delete the old post by clicking the Remove botton,.  Create a new Reply post, paste the old content, edit it, and repost.

Thanks for the step by step instructions here but I'm too lazy for all that.  I'll just live with my mistakes.  Or maybe just proofread what I wrote before I post it I guess.