Author Topic: Party - Poster Meet Up  (Read 329 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Party - Poster Meet Up
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »
Now that the J.V. tournaments are over it's time for the Varsity to get together for a posters meet up. Here's your chance to put a face to a poster and talk wrestling! Everyone will still be alive so no excuse for not showing.

Place: City Works Restaurant (https://www.cityworksrestaurant.com/pittsburgh/) 2 PPG Place, Pittsburgh (walkable from the arena - sits at the South Edge of Market Square)

Host:  Buck

Date/Time: Thursday March 21 - After Session 1 (guessing 4 p.m. or before)

Just find the bar and look for the good looking old dude with not much hair in a white Lehigh shirt, and the good looking young dude with great hair in a Penn shirt.

Hope to see lots of Iowa, Oklahoma, Okie State, Brinzer and all other fans.

First round is on me!
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Party - Poster Meet Up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 07:11:08 PM »
Buck, you're on.  I'll be there likely in Rutgers Red but maybe Black

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »
You guys just might have two champs!
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:02:18 PM »
Sounds like fun - I will have to wait until next year to join you all when you venture here to the Twin Cities.  I am embarrassed to admit I was at Rutgers for grad school in the 1980's but never saw a wrestling match. 

I watched fencing - does that count?
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 08:18:27 PM »
Sounds like fun - I will have to wait until next year to join you all when you venture here to the Twin Cities.  I am embarrassed to admit I was at Rutgers for grad school in the 1980's but never saw a wrestling match. 

Well the fencers competed in the same College Ave gym as the wrestlers

In the 80's...RU fencers were far better on the whole, though we did have a 2Xa Al American in wrestling (1980+1982)..  Matter of fact RU's only team national championship (aside from the 1st football championship defeating Princeton) was in fencing.  RU's last individual national champion was.            ...a fencer.

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:07:32 PM »
I was in New Brunswick in 1984. & 1985 - I thought fencing was cool!   

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
I was in New Brunswick in 1984. & 1985 - I thought fencing was cool!

.........then surely a grease truck veteran.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »

Does Rhythmic Gymnastics count?  No, and fencing is right out.   But to be brutally honest, I only went to a few matches at BYU.  I loved wrestling but it didn't carry over to the college level, even after BYU had a guy place 4th.  He was a scary looking dude.  I say him up close once on campus.  Anyway Jerry, just jerkin' your chain a little.  You are into it now and that is all that matters.  I didn't hear NCAA's will be in the Twin Cities  next year.  It's about time.  It hung out at St. Louis forever.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
To your question buck,

I won't be making it.  I would love to meet all of you guys.  We are planning a trip to the Gulf in a few weeks.  Can't go off to NCAA's, bad Ju ju. 

mspart

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »
I'll be in town repping the Purdue Boilers.  Only a couple of fringe AA candidates but program is rising.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
There goes the neighborhood.

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »
I'll be watching on TV, since there aren't any Florida schools to root for (thanks in large part to that asshole, Charley Pell).

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:00:26 PM »
I think having the NCAA Wrestling was part of the deal with the new US Bank Stadium.  We got the Super Bowl last year, the Final Four this year and the NCAA Wrestling Tourney next year.  First time in a really large stadium (65,000 capacity)  I think - at least for a while. 

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »
Mighty gracious of you buck; but, I'm not attending this year.  I will be glued to my computer screen watching the whole thing.  Have a great time.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
I think having the NCAA Wrestling was part of the deal with the new US Bank Stadium.  We got the Super Bowl last year, the Final Four this year and the NCAA Wrestling Tourney next year.  First time in a really large stadium (65,000 capacity)  I think - at least for a while.

That may well stink for a fan spectacle unless they can move elevated seating closer to the mats the fans are going to need binoculars.  We'll have to see how the final four seating is handled.  Anyone in any of the gazillion field level seats will find they miss half the bout when the action is on the far side of the mat.