Author Topic: PAC 12 about to lose their NCAA automatic qualifyier status  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: PAC 12 about to lose their NCAA automatic qualifyier status
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 02:35:40 PM »
What I recall is that Fresno wanted to go to the Pac12 because it made sense but the Pac12 told them they didn’t want any affiliate programs so they went to the big12. Which with the way the Pac12 is now, long term, this is a great move for them.

The Pac12 isn’t really committed to wrestling at all. Just hanging in by a thread doing the bare minimum. They could win an ncaa title and they wouldn’t put anymore effort into the conference than they do now, which is next to nothing.

If the west coast programs hope to survive the next five years, they need actual Pac12 teams to start up programs. But because we know that won’t likely happen, we’ll just do our little Hs and club thing and send our best kids out of state or to naia/judo teams.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »
Geez, Snackem and Rockhard in the same day.  Someone is goin' to cite global warming for this extraordinary experience.

Sorry, had to be a gook and replicate.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:46 AM »
It's really the biggest liability in collegiate wrestling.  Essentially no Western teams means wrestling is just a fringe sport.  Really quite pitiful.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
We are just that woke out here  you know.  Have been for quite awhile.  Plus the benefit is travel budgets can go down too!

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 05:27:45 PM »
No clue what you're saying?  Mangled sentence.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
What I recall is that Fresno wanted to go to the Pac12 because it made sense but the Pac12 told them they didn’t want any affiliate programs so they went to the big12. Which with the way the Pac12 is now, long term, this is a great move for them.

The Pac12 isn’t really committed to wrestling at all. Just hanging in by a thread doing the bare minimum. They could win an ncaa title and they wouldn’t put anymore effort into the conference than they do now, which is next to nothing.

If the west coast programs hope to survive the next five years, they need actual Pac12 teams to start up programs. But because we know that won’t likely happen, we’ll just do our little Hs and club thing and send our best kids out of state or to naia/judo teams.

Your recollection MAY be accurate - I can't say for sure.   I seem to recall something like what you wrote here taking place.  The guy who posts as Idaho Oregonian had his own account of what happened in all this.   But I can not recall what his version of these events was now.

All I know is Fresno State WOULD have made an ideal addition for the PAC 12 (to get back to 6 teams) after Boise State shamefully shut down their wrestling program (after LYING to the new coaches and wrestlers at Boise State) with zero notice.  Yet Fresno State went to the Big 12 - and looking at the PAC 12 now who can blame them.  They made the right choice IMO.

When you wrote "The Pac12 isn’t really committed to wrestling at all." all I can add to that is TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN WRITTEN.

Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 11:03:32 AM »
No clue what you're saying?  Mangled sentence.

We are just that woke out here  you know.  Have been for quite awhile.  Plus the benefit is travel budgets can go down too!

mspart

Translation:  We are completely aware here in PAC-12 land just how idiotic and transphobic wrestlers and wrestling is in general.  Therefore we eschew it.  All those manly men brutally beating up on each other.  Icky.    It has been that way for quite sometime.  The benefit for the rest of the college wrestling world is that if the PAC-12 teams all drop wrestling, Atlantic and Mid west teams won't have to travel so far.  If OSU doesn't get their act together, that program will get toasted.  ASU won't but they really aren't along the Pacific Coast and weren't part of the original PAC-8.  The PAC has grown and gobbled up ASU and U of Az, but I don't see that they are all that tight with it and could go somewhere else no problem. 

Just not that much support for college wrestling in the WOKE PAC-12 land. 

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 11:15:57 AM »
ASU would be a great addition to the Big XII.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 08:38:51 PM »
WOKE is a political term of African American origin that refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 10:31:57 AM »
It is also applied to the awakening of the plight of the LBGT folks and being generally liberal as it is defined these days.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 11:38:53 AM »
<Unwoke
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2019, 09:48:17 AM »
Maybe should start an LGBTQ league?  Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (or questioning). 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
New news!   https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/May/24/Little-Rock-joins-Pac-12-conference-for-wrestling

Little Rock based in Arkansas is the new 6th team for Pac -12. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »
Good for Little Rock.  Lucky for the 6 PAC