Author Topic: WTT's are coming up!  (Read 189 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
WTT's are coming up!
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »
OK, so we have an exciting weekend coming.  The setting up of Final X.  WTT's will be happening.   I remember when they were held here in Seattle in 1999.  I came out to watch with my brother and dad.  I was living in MN at the time.  That was when I first saw Veterans wrestling and I did that the next three years and had a ball doing it.

Anyway, the WTT's were pretty cool.  I got to see Terry Brands break Guerrero, literally try to break him in half.  My dad didn't like Brands, thought he was dirty.  We saw another epic Akin/Henson showdown wihich was pretty fun to watch. 

I also went to Winnipeg to watch the Pan Am Games.  Winnipeg is not too far from Apple Valley where we lived.  That was fun.  I got to see a pretty epic match between Gutches and Romero.  Joe Williams did well too with a massive cut that some cuban guy kept poking at, literally.  They finally put Joe in a gauze head wrap and was able to finish him off.  I met Ed Aliverti at some on site eatery.  That was fun too. 

I'd love to go, but just don't have the travel funds. 

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: WTT's are coming up!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »
I have to admit, I'm not too excited about the GR WTT's going on today.  FS is tomorrow!

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
Down 4-0, Ashanault turned Hidley in the final sec to tie and take the bout on criteria

Ramos final got the best of Clark, 6-1

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:01:22 PM »
......and Ashnault takes out Chamberlain setting up the rematch(es) with Green

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
Knee surgery for Ashnault on Wednesday.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »
OUch!

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »
Any word on David Taylor???
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 02:08:52 PM »
He could request an injury delay and not compete in Final X in June but wrestle at a later date

Quote from: David Taylor

I'll be back.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »

He could request an injury delay and not compete in Final X in June but wrestle at a later date.  I will surely put a hole in the bout sheet for Final X Rutgers.

Quote from: David Taylor

I'll be back.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 04:54:18 PM »
Yeah, I heard on the other board that both he and Dake have asked for a later date.  So Final X will not be so Final X-ee.  Which will be too bad really.

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 05:13:17 PM »
Yeah, I heard on the other board that both he and Dake have asked for a later date.  So Final X will not be so Final X-ee.  Which will be too bad really.

mspart
Injuries to both?
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »
They didn't say.  But the speculation is yes.  Dake has not wrestled since the WC last year and is asking for an extended date.  I don't think you get to do that unless you are injured.  Obviously Taylor is injured so we know that one.  I watched that BTS match yesterday and it looks like it was a fluke deal.  Foster got in on DT's leg and in the scramble Foster went one way and DT went another and the Knee just didn't know what to do.  Normally that would not be a problem but I think things were in just the right orientation to create an injury.   I thought they were going to come out with the fix-all cold spray  like the Russians used to do.  They taped up his knee real tight but it only helped a little. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 03:21:37 PM »
There's a photo out there of Green's leglace on Ashault, not pretty.  Someone showed it to me but I haven't been able to find yet.Green cranked it up, legit hold, but the knee didn't handle all of the torque.