Author Topic: 2020 FS Olympic team  (Read 623 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
2020 FS Olympic team
« on: June 21, 2019, 10:45:55 AM »
Weight  Starter      First Alternate
57          Fix            Lee
65          Yianni       Retherford
74          Dake        Burroughs
86          Cox          Taylor
97          Snyder     Gadsen
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 FS Olympic team
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »
57 Fix I agree
65  Retherford showed Yianni his weaknesses.  I think Yianni actually won the matches but I think both improve.  I'm not so sure about Yianni overcoming.  Maybe it was just a bad day, but i think Z takes it. 
74  Dake?  Nope it will be JB.
86  I think Taylor now takes Cox if he is the Taylor of last year.  He was poised for a repeat but got BTS'd.  I doubt he will make that mistake next year.
97  This is Snyder's for now, I agree
125  To Gwiz or not to Gwiz, that is the question.  I think the Gwiz is there for 2020.  Then Steveson after that.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot 125

Steveson (after a RS year) over Gwiz
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »
Well, we shall see.  No one from IOWA?  Can it be that we have reached that point where Iowa is not relevant to the Olympic story?

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 09:22:30 PM »
Well, we shall see.  No one from IOWA?  Can it be that we have reached that point where Iowa is not relevant to the Olympic story?

mspart
Yes, just unmix 57. 😁
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
Yeah, that would work if it could be Fixed.  But actually it is Fixed.  And i think it stays that way.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 07:23:44 AM »

86  I think Taylor now takes Cox if he is the Taylor of last year.  He was poised for a repeat but got BTS'd.  I doubt he will make that mistake next year.

mspart

After watching JDC VS BN I don't think Cox has 13lbs on him to lose without killing his endurance even with day prior weighins..  He may be better off spending the year bulking up for 97 and take his shot at Snyder.

Nickal should have no problem dropping 10 which presents a Nickal v Taylor challenge.  PSU fans will be in turmoil.

Offline Snackem

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »
57          Lee            Fix
74          Dake        I-Mar
125        Gwiz         Coon

I am in awe of what Burroughs has done and I could see him making the 2020 team, but he is now not just up against a stacked field at 74 but also the undefeated father time.  At some point everyone loses to him. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »
57          Lee            Fix
74          Dake        I-Mar
125        Gwiz         Coon

I am in awe of what Burroughs has done and I could see him making the 2020 team, but he is now not just up against a stacked field at 74 but also the undefeated father time.  At some point everyone loses to him. 

57  I think Fix is the guy.  But Lee is pretty tough.  I don't know how the two of them split any matches in NCAA they might have had this year. 
65  It will be between those two, that would be my guess
74 - Burroughs and then Dake or Imar.  Dake will be losing quite a bit of weight now.  He might have horsepower.  JB has been beautiful in the past but I think he has another year in him, even with the increase in competition.
86 - Taylor hands down.  Cox will be too weak going down and Taylor is the best by far at that weight. 
97 - agree
125 - agree

It certainly will be interesting to see next year.   Let's say Dake tries for 74 but misses, can he then try for 79 for the separate WC's?

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 11:34:02 AM »
After some reflection this is what I think our line up should be in 2020

57          Fix       or  Lee
74          Dake         Burroughs     
86          Taylor        Nickal
97          Cox          Gadsen
125        Snyder      Steveson   

Thats riight Im moving Snyder up to 285. We need our best 6 out there.  And right now I think Cox has a better shot at beating Sudalaev than Snyder and I do think Snyder will medal at 285.  I think its too close to call at 57. I'd love to slide Dieringer in that mix at 74 but I think he may be too big right now.   With this team I think we would win the Olympics.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »
Until Yianni has his hand raised against Retherford and Dake beats Burroughs (and not ust one round), it remains Retherford and Burroughs. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 05:17:35 PM »
My picks

57          Fix       or  Lee
74          Burroughs     Dake
86          Taylor        Cox
97          Snyder          Gadsen
125        Gwiz      Steveson

Gwiz has proven himself as a multi medal recipient.  Dake is good, but I think JB will still have the edge.  I think Cox will challenge Taylor to no avail.  Taylor has made a mockery of this Olympic weight class last year.  I think that continues if he can recover from BTS injury. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 05:50:25 PM »
Nickal won the gold at U23 WTT.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:26 PM »
What about the women's team?  Is Helen done or will she be at the 2020 Olympics.  Not much news about her.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
Until Yianni has his hand raised against Retherford and Dake beats Burroughs (and not ust one round), it remains Retherford and Burroughs.

9-5 Yianni

Any word on Zoin's injury????