Author Topic: 2020 Olympic Team  (Read 815 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Olympic Team
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Wrestling has lost it's mind with the religious nonsense.  You could list literally hundreds of dudes who say something like " I give all the glory to God" during an interview.  Probably 1/2 the coaches too.  Pitiful really.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »
Which is more pitiful, the person saying it or the person deriding it? 

I think it would be best to let the man say what he wants to say and keep our personal feelings out of the conversation.  Why?  Because there is no need to attack a man's beliefs.  And plus your mother said so (If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all).  Period.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
Who's opinion really matters here buck, yours or his?  I don't see why there is this need to berate and laugh at a man's sincerely held beliefs.  Debating religious belief is one thing, laughing and berating is quite another and comes from a completely different ethos. 

mspart

Kinda indicates an insecurity on buck's behalf about his own belief system. There's that gnawing voice in the back of his head asking... what if there really IS a God?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »
I like Jesus but he loves me, so it's awkward.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »

;D
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:12 PM »
One of the coaches I worked with in Abu Dhabi was training to represent the USA at the paraolympics in kayaking.  Now, it looks like that too has been rescheduled.

Mike is paralyzed from the waist down due to a rugby accident, but would still hop out of his wheelchair and get on the mat with the kids to work suff like wrist control, halfs, and the like.  Freaking awesome guy. Also is a wizz with Microsoft Excel. He ran an entire tournament from that program.

Article about him hoping to be an Olympian:  https://www.thenational.ae/uae/health/paralysed-abu-dhabi-rugby-player-prepares-for-paralympic-bid-1.822952

Practicing social distancing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqNhFLLc2k

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 08:31:51 PM »
Buck speaking the truth! Whodathunkit?
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton