Author Topic: Past Winners?  (Read 568 times)

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Past Winners?
« on: January 13, 2020, 07:38:59 PM »
I thought it'd be fun to go back and look at who won the league in past years (and also selfishly I wanted to check how I did.  Someone asked me when the last time I won was the other day).  Unfortunately it seems like the internet monster has eaten a lot of past posts.  I can find results for 2010 - 2014 and then for the 2017/2018 year but nothing for 2015/2016, 2017/2018, or 2018/2019

Anyone remember who has won the past few years?  I feel like I might have won once last year or the year before but now I'm second guessing that :-\.  I think Dutch and Brew have both won recently also?

Offline dutch134

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
Re: Past Winners?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:43 AM »
I think I have won the last couple of regular seasons(2 or 3???) but I have not won the tournament.  I know Brew won two years in a row but not sure it was the last two or the two before last year.  Did Regulator win last year???

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
I won the league at least once, maybe twice I forget.  this is just the ncaa part.  I won the year penn state and I picked up Andrew long late in the year and maybe also the year that the 74-84 lber from Wyoming?? missed weight and didn't collect any points, although maybe that was the same year. I also remember Quentin wright beating a kid from edinboro to help me one year.  this old age stuff ain't cutting it.  hahahaha.  anyway, I remember winning it at least once and maybe another year when I made a trade with Gage for JO which turned out well.  Sorry for the lack of remembered details. 

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »
I think I have won the last couple of regular seasons(2 or 3???) but I have not won the tournament.  I know Brew won two years in a row but not sure it was the last two or the two before last year.  Did Regulator win last year???

Yessir!

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 11:34:33 AM »
Unfortunately, due to new boards not being set up in time, I've had to wipe clean the old boards and use them for new seasons.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »
I think brew won the year Kyle Snyer came out of Olympic redshirt, partly because he scooped him up before anyone else could.  At least I think that was Brew.  Whoever got KS definitely won that year  :)

Offline dutch134

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »
Yes, I believe it was Brew.  I also think he won Spencer Lee's freshmen year because he picked him up before he came out of RS.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 05:46:28 PM »
I can tell you that I have never won.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 08:35:20 PM »
I can tell you that I have never won.

lol. "Deep in the heart of Texas".   

but you held the league together.   

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »
I remember making this thread....wish I had kept up on it.

I want to say tehgratest guy was Pyles
http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php?topic=18080.msg199740#msg199740
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Yeah, tehgratest was definitely CP.  We used to be close before he made it at flo and I got busy with work.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »
What do you do for work now lost?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 08:02:42 AM »
What do you do for work now lost?

I manage the alternative investment operations group at a brokerage firm.  It probably doesn't have to be as much work as I put into it, but I'm very driven.