Author Topic: Guillotine -- what are you looking for?  (Read 305 times)

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
Guillotine -- what are you looking for?
« on: December 23, 2019, 06:01:03 PM »
Dear Seasoned officials:

This move always scares the living daylights out of me.....Kid sticks in a leg, and they go for this guillotine.....what are you looking for? When do you PD, when do you let it go? I always struggle with this one

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Guillotine -- what are you looking for?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 03:58:42 PM »
I watch for the offensive wrestler to bring the arm up roughly perpendicular to the long axis of the body. If they are doing it quickly I'm going to be more likely to stop it too.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »
The banana split is one I also really hate. It can be extremely painful and there is a fine line between a completely legitimate NF situation and a serious injury depending upon the flexibility of the wrestler B.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 08:15:15 PM »
Thanks RV...not too concerned about Banana splits as that usually requires a huge imbalance in skill levels between two wrestlers. I never seen two legit wrestlers able or even attempt this move on their opponent. When the move is hit I'm just watching the defensive wrestler to make sure he/she is doing all right.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »
Thanks RV...not too concerned about Banana splits as that usually requires a huge imbalance in skill levels between two wrestlers. I never seen two legit wrestlers able or even attempt this move on their opponent.
I got a pin with it in the Sunkist Open.  :-)