Author Topic: Neighborliness  (Read 386 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Neighborliness
« on: March 19, 2020, 06:52:45 PM »
Well I was sitting here minding my own business trying to work from home when there is a knock on the door. I run to the door before the dogs eat whoever is there.  Lucky for him they were good this time. 

Amazon Prime driver headed up the neighbors place to deliver and decided to turn around where there clearly is no room to do so.  He ended up off the driveway into a hill with fairly loose dirt.  At the bottom of said hill are big trees and a creek.  He came very close to ending up there.  He came over to ask for help.  So I went up there to guide him.  Big van rear wheel drive.  As he backed up he was sliding a little and was down so far he couldn't traverse the concrete pad.   He kept skipping off it.  So I went and got a 2X6 and a big piece of plywood to make a ramp.  Instead I used them to fill the gap between the dirt and the driveway.  It worked!  So off he went and the neighbors hill looks like a war zone of tire troughs.  So I did my good deed for the day.  He  was a very young kid and almost lost the van.  Any more top heavy and he really could have.  That was a dangerous area for him to be stuck in.  I think we got lucky.   Anyway, that was about 30 minutes ago!  It's good to do good for others.  Makes you feel good all inside.   :D

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Neighborliness
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 08:11:24 PM »
I did somewhat the same many years ago  I missed a country road turn that was hidden by trees. So I drive about 2 miles to a driveway to turn in to  back up and reverse direction.  Well the country road was barely two lanes and with the slope I couldn't see the far end of the road.  Down into the drainage ditch goes the left rear wheel settling on the frame.  Had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck to pull me out.

I didn't have that neighbor to help me out.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »
Well I was sitting here minding my own business trying to work from home when there is a knock on the door. I run to the door before the dogs eat whoever is there.  Lucky for him they were good this time. 

Amazon Prime driver headed up the neighbors place to deliver and decided to turn around where there clearly is no room to do so.  He ended up off the driveway into a hill with fairly loose dirt.  At the bottom of said hill are big trees and a creek.  He came very close to ending up there.  He came over to ask for help.  So I went up there to guide him.  Big van rear wheel drive.  As he backed up he was sliding a little and was down so far he couldn't traverse the concrete pad.   He kept skipping off it.  So I went and got a 2X6 and a big piece of plywood to make a ramp.  Instead I used them to fill the gap between the dirt and the driveway.  It worked!  So off he went and the neighbors hill looks like a war zone of tire troughs.  So I did my good deed for the day.  He  was a very young kid and almost lost the van.  Any more top heavy and he really could have.  That was a dangerous area for him to be stuck in.  I think we got lucky.   Anyway, that was about 30 minutes ago!  It's good to do good for others.  Makes you feel good all inside.   :D

mspart

Good on ya' Art, you made a difference in someones life!
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »

mspart

Good on ya' Art, you made a difference in someones life!

...and probably helped him keep his job.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:06:08 PM »
Yeah right, Amazon is ruthless. 

mspart