Author Topic: Too Much Time on Her Hands  (Read 37 times)

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Too Much Time on Her Hands
« on: May 23, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »
Because of COVID, my wife has been working from home for the last 2 1/2 months.  Today she said, "We need to paint the house.  These walls look terrrible.".  I see this as the first shot across the bow for a ton of "needed" home improvements - brick mailbox, new carpet, master bath remodel, etc., etc.

Pray for me.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Too Much Time on Her Hands
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
If you get to the paint soon enough, she may well ignore the rest.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 01:33:51 PM »
Nope, it's the opposite.  Do it now, and there's that much more time to do all the others.  I'm going through the same thing myself.   My wife is painting all the walls.  And she bought the worst paint, a paint primer mix.  It's more like a primer and doesn't really cover anything.  3 coats minimum. 

mspart

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »
I agree with Art.

I took her out to lunch andshopping at the mall (with masks) Saturday,which took her mind off of it for a while.  She went to Home Depot on Sunday and got dozens of sample chips of nearly white paint, which is similar to what we have (except for the dirt on the walls.

She's back at work (from home), so she won't have time until Saturday.  By then, she may be more interested in shopping for something for my birthday next week.

I can't put it off forever, but I should be good for bout ten days.or so.

Then we'll see how much paint she gets on the carpet or the ceiling.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:38:33 AM »
Good luck. My wife thinks she needs a pool because the city pool, that she goes to once per year, may not open.
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.