Author Topic: Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays  (Read 292 times)

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:30:04 AM »
American League champs.  Let's see if they can bring a World Series championship to the Tampa Bay area to go with the Stanley Cup the Lightning won.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »
Wooo Hooo WS fun times.  Let's hope it goes 7.  4-0, 4-1 is boring.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 12:57:27 PM »
Boy that was fast.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
Crazy win for the Rays. 2 screw ups not watching the ball into the glove Comparable to the Buckner boner, but that one gave the Mets the ring. Sox were 1 strike away from the ring.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 12:12:19 PM »
Definitely a weird game.  Even though the Dodgers feel like a heavy favorite and a much more talented team, the Rays are even with them and could still pull this off.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 12:02:42 AM »
Congratulations to the Dodgers.  They were the best team in baseball all year and deserved the win.

I'm sure everyone will second guess Cash for pulling Snell when he did.  I thought it was a little early, but could tell Snell was starting to lose a little on his pitches.  Cash's formula got the Rays to the Series and you can't be right 100% of the time.  Considering the Rays payroll and the lack of hitting, I think their system has gotten the most they could haveout of this team.

Now we'll see how the Bucs do.  If they keep playing like they have been lately, they should make the playoffs for the first time in a long time. 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 07:42:17 AM »
And what's the deal with the Dodger Turner churning a positive COVID test with notification to the team in inning 2, not getting pulled until inning 7, then staying on the bench, not being isolated, and onto the field after the win.  And they think giving rapid tests to the team immediately after the game are going to be any benefit ?