Author Topic: JB vs DT Jan 9  (Read 715 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: JB vs DT Jan 9
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 11:45:40 AM »
Taylor on criteria 4-4

Considering JB went up 26 lbs, that  pretty good showing on his part.  I doubt Burroughs was up to the full 86 kg.  I think the showing was good enough for Burroughs to bump for the future.  I don't think he'll be able to get back down to 73 and be strong enough to win.
Burroughs weighed in at 181lbs.

How's this for a insane stat?  He has NEVER been outscored by a United States wrestler at the senior level.

2014: Marable 4-4
2017: Dake 6-6
2019: Martinez 5-5
2021: Taylor 4-4
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 11:52:20 AM »
Did you catch that Chittum throw?

Perfection
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 05:00:03 PM »
That's quite the match.   I wish there would be highlights on youtube.   We lost our electrical power and internet feed Tue night, still not on.  So i couldn't have watched if I wanted at home anyway. 

Crazy match to be 4-4.  I didn't think JB would get steamrolled.  But I have been reading the thread on themat and it looks like DT didn't really show much offensive, but did some good defense hand fighting.   Apparently that shut JB down for the most part. 

I hope to be able to see it sometime.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 06:18:33 PM »
That's quite the match.   I wish there would be highlights on youtube.   We lost our electrical power and internet feed Tue night, still not on.  So i couldn't have watched if I wanted at home anyway. 

Crazy match to be 4-4.  I didn't think JB would get steamrolled.  But I have been reading the thread on themat and it looks like DT didn't really show much offensive, but did some good defense hand fighting.   Apparently that shut JB down for the most part. 

mspart

He completely shut down his offense after getting that 4-0 lead. And really didnt do all that much fighting the pushouts. I really do think Burroughs had him intimidated into wrestling scared and not his usual offensive style.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 07:15:41 PM »

mspart

He completely shut down his offense after getting that 4-0 lead. And really didnt do all that much fighting the pushouts. I really do think Burroughs had him intimidated into wrestling scared and not his usual offensive style.

The general opinion on themat also. 

mspart