Author Topic: Henri Deglane  (Read 734 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Henri Deglane
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »
Well, the women are done and we had 4 gold medallists, including Maroulis. 

The FS men now have their draws and wrestling commences tomorrow.  Gilman, Green, Yianni, and KS are there as well as others. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Henri Deglane
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »
Flo Arena is no longer available if you do not subscribe....

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 12:36:45 PM »
Suriano in the finals.  Gilman and Guiz lost in the semis.
We are the storm.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 08:34:20 AM »

Suriano with the gold, 7-1 dominance.  Surely it will rewrite the OT seeding.  Downside, I doubt he'll return to RU this year, but he's registered and taking his classes online which leave open a return for BIGs and the NCAAs.

Gilman bronze with a  6-2 in over Arujau. Arujau lost to Bujiashvili (Georgia), 15-13 in the rep, must have been a wail of roll fest
Diakomihalis - Gold over Green silver - 5-0
Dake - Gold
Valencia - Bronze
Snyder - Gold
Gwiazdowski - Bronze, lost to Baran (Poland), 5-5 in the semi

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 12:41:35 PM »
Good experience for the US.

That Cox vs Snyder is just going to be EPIC!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 12:52:57 PM »
I have mixed feelings about that.   My opinion is Snyder is the clear favorite.  Cox is really good but I don't think he is hanging with Snyder.  Snyder has medalled each time he has gone to the WCs or Olys at the Olympic weight.  Yes Cox is a WC twice over, but at a non Olympic weight.  Both would be great representatives for the US but I think Snyder has the edge in this one.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »
I have mixed feelings about that.   My opinion is Snyder is the clear favorite.  Cox is really good but I don't think he is hanging with Snyder.  Snyder has medalled each time he has gone to the WCs or Olys at the Olympic weight.  Yes Cox is a WC twice over, but at a non Olympic weight.  Both would be great representatives for the US but I think Snyder has the edge in this one.

mspart

I can easily see this as a 1-1, 1-0, 2-1 kinda match.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 01:02:59 PM »
I guess we see that matchup differently.  I don't think Cox would get teched, but I don't think it will be as close as you think.  Two matches and Snyder is the Olympian.  But I know Cox is tough.  I just don't think he is there.  But we have had surprises before for sure.  Look at 2016 Olys with Daniel Dennis.  And JB not medalling. 

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 01:10:22 PM »
I guess we see that matchup differently.  I don't think Cox would get teched, but I don't think it will be as close as you think.  Two matches and Snyder is the Olympian.  But I know Cox is tough.  I just don't think he is there.  But we have had surprises before for sure.  Look at 2016 Olys with Daniel Dennis.  And JB not medalling. 

mspart
Everybody seems to underestimate Cox.

Cox's defense and quickness is too good for Snyder to score more than a TD or a push out or two. If Snyder wins, its going to be from the par terre, but I dont think he's gonna get there more than once to take advantage.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 02:18:42 PM »
Snyder and Cox have split matches since their high school days, so they should be very familiar with each other.  I would expect a tight match.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 02:40:59 PM »
I guess we will see if that day ever comes. 

The way I see it, Snyder is at the top level of the 97kg weight class internationally.  He won it in 2015, 2016, 2017, took 2nd 2018, took 3rd easily in 2019.  I just don't see Cox stopping that. 

In 1996, there was a Trials final between to would be gold medallists, Terry Brands and Kendall Cross.  Cross beat Brands with freestyle while Brands came close with just takedowns.  Cross won the gold but Brands was the reigning WC at that time.  So yes, it can happen, I just don't see it. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 05:18:24 PM »
Cox  has been holding his weight down since his days at 197. He's a model physical specimen.  If he can add 20 more lbs of muscle and hold his cat like quickness, I think Snyder is in big trouble.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
So if you and Vise are correct, Cox is the #3 97kg wrestler in the world, maybe #2.   That is Snyders' spot right now.  I don't know how many times we have had depth like that in our World and Oly teams, but I don't think it is that often.  I would say it is uncommon.  But what do I know.   If Cox beats Snyder, he automatically is a shoe in to be in the semi's at 97kg and would be expected to medal.  I'm not so sure about that.  Snyder dominates everyone at 97kg except for Sadulaev and Sharifov.   He had a chance to wrestle Sharifov at the Deglane tourney and he forfeited.  I'm not sure why.  Seems weird to me.  Snyder has consistently been at the top in the world at 97 kg.  I just don't see where he has an equal here in the US.  He must be easily beating on Bo at PSU because Bo is apparently going 86 against Taylor.  I'm guessing we have not yet seen what PSU has done for KS because he doesn't have much competition in the whole world except with 2 guys.  I just honestly think it is a stretch to consider Cox in that rarefied air that Snyder is currently in.  But again, the tale will be told if they meet at the Oly trials. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 08:06:15 AM »
I don't think Nickel is strong enough to control Snyder, he's more of a finesse and position wrestler.  I think Cox could easily handle Nickel with his reach to fend off attacks.

Snyder v Cox is as good a match up as a Dake v Burroughs rematch.

Suriano v Gilman v Arujau is catching a lot of interest.  I really hope OTs get public air time start to finish and not buried behind Flo's curtain.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
I love Nickal, but I think Cox would totally shit own his offense. Unless Nickal really bulks up ala David Taylor, he has not chance at 97KG.