Author Topic: Henri Deglane  (Read 735 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Henri Deglane
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 12:35:52 PM »
...  Snyder dominates everyone at 97kg except for Sadulaev and Sharifov.   He had a chance to wrestle Sharifov at the Deglane tourney and he forfeited.

I need to clarify.  It was Sharifov that forfeited the match between him and Snyder.   It was not Snyder that forfeited. 

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
I love Nickal, but I think Cox would totally shit own his offense. Unless Nickal really bulks up ala David Taylor, he has not chance at 97KG.

Make that.... shut down his offense. (Sorry)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 06:04:22 PM »
So if you and Vise are correct, Cox is the #3 97kg wrestler in the world, maybe #2.   That is Snyders' spot right now.  I don't know how many times we have had depth like that in our World and Oly teams, but I don't think it is that often.  I would say it is uncommon.  But what do I know.   If Cox beats Snyder, he automatically is a shoe in to be in the semi's at 97kg and would be expected to medal.  I'm not so sure about that.  Snyder dominates everyone at 97kg except for Sadulaev and Sharifov.   He had a chance to wrestle Sharifov at the Deglane tourney and he forfeited.  I'm not sure why.  Seems weird to me.  Snyder has consistently been at the top in the world at 97 kg.  I just don't see where he has an equal here in the US.  He must be easily beating on Bo at PSU because Bo is apparently going 86 against Taylor.  I'm guessing we have not yet seen what PSU has done for KS because he doesn't have much competition in the whole world except with 2 guys.  I just honestly think it is a stretch to consider Cox in that rarefied air that Snyder is currently in.  But again, the tale will be told if they meet at the Oly trials. 

mspart

Good call Art! https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6634709-2020-21-international-rankings-mens-freestyle/37336-97-abdulrashid-sadulaev https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6634709-2020-21-international-rankings-mens-freestyle/37338-pound-for-pound
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 06:11:16 PM »
So if you and Vise are correct, Cox is the #3 97kg wrestler in the world, maybe #2.   That is Snyders' spot right now.  I don't know how many times we have had depth like that in our World and Oly teams, but I don't think it is that often.  I would say it is uncommon.  But what do I know.   If Cox beats Snyder, he automatically is a shoe in to be in the semi's at 97kg and would be expected to medal.  I'm not so sure about that.  Snyder dominates everyone at 97kg except for Sadulaev and Sharifov.   He had a chance to wrestle Sharifov at the Deglane tourney and he forfeited.  I'm not sure why.  Seems weird to me.  Snyder has consistently been at the top in the world at 97 kg.  I just don't see where he has an equal here in the US.  He must be easily beating on Bo at PSU because Bo is apparently going 86 against Taylor.  I'm guessing we have not yet seen what PSU has done for KS because he doesn't have much competition in the whole world except with 2 guys.  I just honestly think it is a stretch to consider Cox in that rarefied air that Snyder is currently in.  But again, the tale will be told if they meet at the Oly trials. 

mspart

Good call Art! https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6634709-2020-21-international-rankings-mens-freestyle/37336-97-abdulrashid-sadulaev https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6634709-2020-21-international-rankings-mens-freestyle/37338-pound-for-pound

Can't read it so I'm not sure what you are saying.  Sounds like Sharifov lost to masdchauaeuo and he got teched by Snyder.  tha'ts about all I could read.  One paragraph. 

mspart

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »
We should have the best women's team ever going to the Olympics. Hopefully they can live up to expectations.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 07:10:15 PM »
I just saw that Cox and Snyder battled at the 2015 Senior Nationals.  Snyder won 4-3. 

They also wrestled at the 2015 NCAA championships where Snyder won 3-2. 

Cox has kept it close in the past.  But that was all 5 years ago. 

I still have KS over JC.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »

mspart

Can't read it so I'm not sure what you are saying.  Sounds like Sharifov lost to masdchauaeuo and he got teched by Snyder.  tha'ts about all I could read.  One paragraph. 

mspart
Sorry about that. I forgot that not everyone subscribes to Flo. (Actually I dont either but the Adorable Anne does so I sneak in under her account).

I was remarking that your statement that Cox ranked "maybe 32" was where he is ranked not only at his weight but #2 in P4P as well.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »
I just saw that Cox and Snyder battled at the 2015 Senior Nationals.  Snyder won 4-3. 

They also wrestled at the 2015 NCAA championships where Snyder won 3-2. 

Cox has kept it close in the past.  But that was all 5 years ago. 

I still have KS over JC.

mspart

I think you would have to agree that at that point KS had more international FS experience than JC and that JC has improved a lot since then,

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 12:38:45 PM »
Yes I would agree Cox has improved since 2015.  But that was KS's first senior year, he had much success after that.  I really don't think Cox can overcome.  But it will be fun to watch and see.

mspart

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 02:49:34 PM »
If Cox can grow into 215 and maintain his 1% body fat, he will be a beast.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
Snyder will win as long as he does not go to his back.

mspart