Author Topic: Nelson Brands  (Read 1422 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Nelson Brands
« on: February 01, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »
He's better than I thought he would be.  Pretty rugged kid. 

Not sure he has much natural athletic ability but he brings it every match.
We are the storm.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Nelson Brands
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »
How does a 126 lber grow a 184 lb kid?  Something must be in that genetically modified corn they grow out there.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
I think the Brands have a touch of dwarfism.  Without that Tom & Terry would be Nelson's size.
We are the storm.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
It would take more than a touch.   Maybe a fistful!!!   ha ha

We had a guy that helped at my HS from time to time.  He was from my HS and wrestled for UW Huskies until they dropped the program.  He was smaller.   Great guy.  Years later a kid with the same rare last name came on the scene but he was huge.  I saw his dad and recognized him and went to talk to him.  Jerk, just like his son.  His son had a temper on the mat and he about killed our guy who was not real proficient but the only one at that weight.  I lost a lot of respect for the guy after that. 

Good part of the story.  The kid that almost got killed kept with it and ended up placing 5th at state his senior year.  He then went and wrestled through college (I don't know where) and came back to the HS and became an Asst Coach.  He was good.  Very good instructor, technically really good.  He's now the Head Coach of a defunct program due to COVID.  This is his third year as head coach and he's only coached two years but will miss two state tourneys.  They got all the way to the state tourney last year when all programs were stopped. 

mspart

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »
How does a 126 lber grow a 184 lb kid?  Something must be in that genetically modified corn they grow out there.
1/2 the DNA comes from the mother.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville