Author Topic: Taking a trip to Phoenix  (Read 2134 times)

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Taking a trip to Phoenix
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:13:43 PM »
Hi

We are going to Phoenix next week, been planned for some months.  We heard the CDC said covid tests are now mandated before getting on a flight and after coming home.   But we see nothing on the Southwest website about this.  Some states have restrictions.  But not Arizona.  I assume Southwest would provide the latest info. 

Do any of you know different?

mspart

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a trip to Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 01:37:38 PM »
Tell them you are an undocumented immigrant.  They don't need COVID testing.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 02:22:08 PM »
Hi

We are going to Phoenix next week, been planned for some months.  We heard the CDC said covid tests are now mandated before getting on a flight and after coming home.   But we see nothing on the Southwest website about this.  Some states have restrictions.  But not Arizona.  I assume Southwest would provide the latest info. 

Do any of you know different?

mspart

That's what Southwest appears to indicate on their webpage. The Arizona visitors centers states no tests are required to enter. Both Washington and Arizona restrictions only appies to arrivals from out of the country. (Just hope you plane doesn't get detoured to Mexico City). The CDC guidance for a pre-trip test is for international arrivals.  Most other countries have a similar requirement for entry.  I was looking into a Bermuda trip and it not only requires a pre-trip neg, but 2 more after arrival and another prior to the return to the US.  All at my expense.  And, if were to test positive while there, a minimum 10 day isolation in the hotel at my expense.

https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »
I was in Hawaii when 911 happened.  A lot of people were stuck in hotels for a long period of time and many ran out of money.  A trip to paradise turned into a trip from you know where.  We lived there so it was not too much of an annoyance to us.  We would go outside and to the beach and watch the F15s fly overhead. 

mspart

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »
I was on a cruise ship in Alaska when 911 happened, just before beginning the land tour part of the trip.  A 747 full of Korean tourists was forced to land in White Horse (Canada).  They didn't know what was going on.

Online mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:47:16 AM »
And White Horse is the place to be I'm told!!

mspart