Author Topic: Raining cedar in the Pacific Northwest  (Read 796 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Raining cedar in the Pacific Northwest
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:21 PM »
Working from home and it is raining brown cedar leaves.  The ground is covered.  The Cedars are not evergreen, they shed leaves and there are lots of brown cedar leaves on the trees.  But today with the wind up, they are falling like crazy.  The ground is fully covered now.  Quite the sight.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Raining cedar in the Pacific Northwest
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:39 PM »
It's mid October and my maples are still green.  Not even a hint of turning color, no less dropping.  Normally, we'd be through orange, into yellow with leaves dropping.  Nothing

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »
Yeah, our maples are losing leaves too, they are all over the place.  We have rough cleanup here because things are always wet and we have about an acre to clean up.  Riding mower is no good if it is wet, otherwise, works pretty good.  We had a huge burn pile and my pyromaniac wife decided to burn it the other day, late in the day.  She got it started with 2 matches and not much else.  She is an incredible fire starter.  We worked that fire burning everything around that we could that was not too wet.  The pile is considerable less than it was. 

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
It rained a 1 foot diameter maple tree limb yesterday!!  Hopefully the attached picture shows it. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 09:43:50 PM »
Nope, hope it didn't clobber your new fence

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »
Fence is ok as far as I know.  This was in the back where we have no fence but we do have a preschool playground.  It was safe. 

mspart