Author Topic: Wisconsin's Kyle Burwick has put himself in the transfer portal  (Read 270 times)

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
Prior to Wisconsin signing Taylor Lamont - formerly of Utah Valley - Burwick was presumed to be the likely starter next season for the Badgers at 133 lbs.   Now that they have added Lamont and his one year of eligibility Burwick - apparently - has chosen to take his three more years of eligibility elsewhere.   WrestleStat has Burwick ranked at # 44 at 133 lbs.   Question is where is he likely to go to for next season?

Being a PAC 12 guy I'd suggest Cal Poly San Luis Obispo if he can qualify to go there academically.   Cal Poly's projected starter for next season is the same as last season, i.e., # 123 ranked Abe Hinrichsen.  Plus Cal Poly also has signed # 7 ranked Dominic Demas (formerly of Oklahoma) as well as signing Evan Wick (formerly also of Wisconsin) last year about this time.  Going from a projected starter ranked # 123 to one who is ranked # 44 makes sense to me.

Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin's Kyle Burwick has put himself in the transfer portal
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 12:39:45 PM »
Yep, that would be a slam dunk I would think. 

mspart

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin's Kyle Burwick has put himself in the transfer portal
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
Wisconsin seems to be getting better every year. Bono is doing a very good job of recruiting and also developing his wrestlers.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine