Author Topic: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling  (Read 8438 times)

Drooke

Re: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36:08 pm »
I wish your thread title read "Huge Black Eye for Humanity" instead JVscrub.

Affiliations mean nadda to me when you are talking about serious character flaws.

on a sidenote he did contribute to the LIVING the DREAM Medal Fund ...http://www.living-the-dream-medal-fund. ... leID=20465

jvscrub

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:23 pm »
He represents USA Wrestling and the fact that he is a pedophile does indeed put a stain on the USAW organization.  Of course it is a black eye for humanity too, but people will still associate him with wrestling.

Offline truth capote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:50:02 pm »
USA Wrestling instituted background checks for coaches this year.  Guess what?  The guy in charge of the background check policy for our pathetically run organization is now an accused pedophile!  How long can our sport last with this inept bunch of idiots and now criminals running the show.  

Of course I would love to be able to discuss this on a much wider forum, but USAW has closed any discussion of improvement on its other forum.  Ask Matt Lindland.  Watched him get banned tonight.

jvscrub

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:55:52 pm »
USAW wants nothing more than to sweep this under the rug post haste and never speak of it again.  Just like selling their soul to DuPont when the gravy train was running despite knowing full well something was amiss.  Their credibility just flew out the door.

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »
Just shut up and do what you are told. If you loved wrestling, you wouldn't question their superior knowledge. Remember they don't work for you, they rule our sport, and all that participate in it. Thank god for Folkstyle and MMA.
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Drooke

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:57:09 pm »
I watched about all of the "To Catch a Predator" shows.  And out of all of those episode I don't remember what any of the alleged predators did for a living (specifically).

I do remember some were students, teachers, blue and white collar workers.  But, I bet folks that watched the show and saw someone representing the field that they themselves are employed in remembers.

I guess that it is a black eye for all the aforementioned professions.

We who love the sport should just lead by example.  And, when an anomaly happens people that know US won't judge the whole, but only the individual.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 11:01:19 pm »
Quote from: "truth capote"
USA Wrestling instituted background checks for coaches this year.  Guess what?  The guy in charge of the background check policy for our pathetically run organization is now an accused pedophile!  How long can our sport last with this inept bunch of idiots and now criminals running the show.  

Of course I would love to be able to discuss this on a much wider forum, but USAW has closed any discussion of improvement on its other forum.  Ask Matt Lindland.  Watched him get banned tonight.

truth, are you saying lindland got banned on 'Themat.com' boards?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 01:08:10 am »
That's fucked up! Lindland is a Silver Medalist for God's sake and they just banned him? This whole thing is coming crashing down on these jokers.

However, when talking with other coaches who somewhat know Scott, they felt it wasn't a big surprise as he gave people the creeps.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Drooke

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:16 am »
Yeah, it must have been a banner week for da mat.

A few impressive posters with their infinate wisdom convinced Mark Schultz that he wasn't welcome discussing his life.

Hopefully he will continue to post in the future.  I hope someone from this site extended an invitation to both he and Matt.  I would have but I don't post there.

I agree with the thread title, except it should be titled about these two wrestling icons possibly leaving the wrestling forums.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 04:52:44 am »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
That's ---- up! Lindland is a Silver Medalist for God's sake and they just banned him? This whole thing is coming crashing down on these jokers.

However, when talking with other coaches who somewhat know Scott, they felt it wasn't a big surprise as he gave people the creeps.

Several of our people know Scott and he runs our JV tourney every year. Noone that I know expressed any of those sentiments. This is a personal tragedy that isn't served by piling on the guy no matter how you view his conduct.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Lateral Drop

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 04:58:07 pm »
He deserves to be piled up on, shamed, ridiculed, and run out of town on a rail.  What if it was your child he was having explicit internet conversations with?  He is a pervert no doubt about it.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 08:23:41 am »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
Quote from: "Rockhard"
That's ---- up! Lindland is a Silver Medalist for God's sake and they just banned him? This whole thing is coming crashing down on these jokers.

Several of our people know Scott and he runs our JV tourney every year. Noone that I know expressed any of those sentiments. This is a personal tragedy that isn't served by piling on the guy no matter how you view his conduct.
Thought I would add my 2 cents as I do have experience in dealing with Mark Scott.  (it is all my opinion)
1.  Throughout my life, I have misjudged many individuals.  Upon a casual aquaintance, they seemed like real swell people.  I ended up supporting a couple of them for positions of leadership.  Later, when we reached an ethical circumstance, their true colors came shinning through and I realized immediately that I was horribly wrong.  Mark Scott does come off in a casual meeting as a real nice guy.
2.  I have had some private communications with Mark Scott.  When it came to doing what was right, he chose what was most convienent and profitable.  He had the ability to fix a big moral issue but choose to continue to line his pocketbook instead.
3.  It saddens me that Mark Scott has been charged with inappropiate dealings with a child.  My gut feeling is that this was not his "maiden voyage".
4.  I hope that they put him away for a very, very long time.  Sexual crimes against kids in the scum of the barrel.
5.  For the sake of our sport, I hope USAW does sweep this under the rug (as long as justice is enacted).  We don't need such a hands on sport to be associated with perversion.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 09:59:55 am »
4. I hope that they put him away for a very, very long time. Sexual crimes against kids in the scum of the barrel.

Perhaps you could clarify what crime he committed against kids.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 12:50:13 pm »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
4. I hope that they put him away for a very, very long time. Sexual crimes against kids in the scum of the barrel.

Perhaps you could clarify what crime he committed against kids.
Sure.
"A 49-year-old Colorado Springs man was arrested on Monday on charges of trying to a lure a child for sexual purposes over the Internet."
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal