Author Topic: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling  (Read 8444 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:48 pm »
Quote from: "ctc"
Quote from: "Cougar1"
4. I hope that they put him away for a very, very long time. Sexual crimes against kids in the scum of the barrel.

Perhaps you could clarify what crime he committed against kids.
Sure.
"A 49-year-old Colorado Springs man was arrested on Monday on charges of trying to a lure a child for sexual purposes over the Internet."

I'm making a point here ctc. There was no 15 yr old girl involved. This was online and it was an undercover sting. Furthermore, there was no contact as everything was virtual. There is a slippery slope here and I'm not sure it's a good thing. I do not defend Mark for his actions but I'm not comfortable for the way this is going down either. As a society we allow every type of perversion on the internet and then someone like Mark steps over the "virtual" line and gets slammed.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »
I think what he did and the charrges against him are justified.  He was trying to violate a kid.  I agree whole-heartedly with the sting opperation and taking an agressive action to nail these perverts.  Mark Scott is getting his just dues.  Thank God it wasn't an actual kid and that he got caught instead.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:32:52 pm »
I think what he did and the charrges against him are justified.  He was trying to violate a kid.  I agree whole-heartedly with the sting opperation and taking an agressive action to nail these perverts.  Mark Scott is getting his just dues.  Thank God it wasn't an actual kid and that he got caught instead.

I seem to remember a different "sting" operation where Jesus was involved. He took a little different posture than you. How's your memory?

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 05:54:25 pm »
You can somewhat compare it to prostitution. Which is worse, the hooker or the john? Who do you focus your attention on? These sting operations focus on the guys getting on computer chat rooms, while not trying to get rid of the chat rooms themselves. So if you focus on getting rid the chat rooms do you help with the problem of the guys that are trying to pick the kids up, or will they just go somewhere else?
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »
Quote from: "AKIN"
You can somewhat compare it to prostitution. Which is worse, the hooker or the john? Who do you focus your attention on? These sting operations focus on the guys getting on computer chat rooms, while not trying to get rid of the chat rooms themselves. So if you focus on getting rid the chat rooms do you help with the problem of the guys that are trying to pick the kids up, or will they just go somewhere else?

hooker and johns, that is sex between two consenting adults.  It should be legal.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Toughawk

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 09:53:16 pm »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
Quote from: "AKIN"

hooker and johns, that is sex between two consenting adults.  It should be legal.

Was it George Carlin that said something along the lines of....sex the only thing that you can give away for free, but its illeagl if you sell it.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 07:41:37 am »

I seem to remember a different "sting" operation where Jesus was involved. He took a little different posture than you. How's your memory?
Apparently fuzzy.  I know of no comparable situation in the Bible.
I cannot comment on chat rooms.  I have never been on one and never plan on it.  I advise the hundreds of kids that I teach every year to stay away from them due to the animals that lurk there and the dangers that arise from that.  I cannot comment on whether or not they should be banned.  I wish they would go away.
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 02:36:25 am »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
That's ---- up! Lindland is a Silver Medalist for God's sake and they just banned him? This whole thing is coming crashing down on these jokers.

However, when talking with other coaches who somewhat know Scott, they felt it wasn't a big surprise as he gave people the creeps.

Several of our people know Scott and he runs our JV tourney every year. Noone that I know expressed any of those sentiments. This is a personal tragedy that isn't served by piling on the guy no matter how you view his conduct.

I'm just going by what severeal coaches, wrestlers and pairings people have told me recently. Some pairings people who had sons at Nationals told their kids specifically to stay away from Mark. IDK the guy, but if enough people say that there is something wrong with the person, its probably pretty close to being true or atleast something is giving off that vibe.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 06:53:07 am »
That's ---- up! Lindland is a Silver Medalist for God's sake and they just banned him? This whole thing is coming crashing down on these jokers.

However, when talking with other coaches who somewhat know Scott, they felt it wasn't a big surprise as he gave people the creeps.

Several of our people know Scott and he runs our JV tourney every year. Noone that I know expressed any of those sentiments. This is a personal tragedy that isn't served by piling on the guy no matter how you view his conduct.

I'm just going by what severeal coaches, wrestlers and pairings people have told me recently. Some pairings people who had sons at Nationals told their kids specifically to stay away from Mark. IDK the guy, but if enough people say that there is something wrong with the person, its probably pretty close to being true or atleast something is giving off that vibe.

Maybe double amputee's just don't give them warm fuzzy's.  :wink:

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:07 am »
USA Wrestling claims zero tollerance for this type of conduct, does that mean that they will banish Scott from the Hall of Fame?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:05 am »
Anyone hear anything on Mark lately?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 11:12:35 am »

Do you also feel the same way about those charged in the ABSCAM investigation years ago/ It seems to me this is the very same thing. Are drug dealers who are set up not guilty as well. As coach said, its highly unlikely that this was his first adventure into predatory pedophilia.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 11:14:47 am »
I dont necessarily think USAW should be tarnished here unless they knew what was going on, which is doubtful, or unless they had reason to believe that Scott had a history of this behavior, which doesnt appear to be the case.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 11:34:53 am »
Quote from: "Drooke"
Yeah, it must have been a banner week for da mat.

A few impressive posters with their infinate wisdom convinced Mark Schultz that he wasn't welcome discussing his life.

Hopefully he will continue to post in the future.  I hope someone from this site extended an invitation to both he and Matt.  I would have but I don't post there.

I agree with the thread title, except it should be titled about these two wrestling icons possibly leaving the wrestling forums.

Here's his email if anyone wants to invite him over. msgrappling@gmail.com

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 11:56:40 am »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
I dont necessarily think USAW should be tarnished here unless they knew what was going on, which is doubtful, or unless they had reason to believe that Scott had a history of this behavior, which doesnt appear to be the case.
I agree.  I can't imagine that they knew.