Author Topic: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling  (Read 8304 times)

Offline azref87

• View Profile
Re: Huge Black Eye for USA Wrestling
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 03:32:43 am »
Found an update on the County Attorney website that initiated the sting.

Mark Anthony Scott  (DOB: 04/14/60), Colorado Springs. Arrested 07/06/09 for Internet Luring of a Child with Intent to Exploit, Criminal Attempt Sexual Exploitation of Children, and Criminal Attempt Internet Sexual Exploitation of a Child. Status: Pled Guilty on 11/16/09 to Criminal Attempt Internet Sexual Exploitation of a Child.  On 12/21/09 he was sentenced to 3 years Intensive Supervision Probation.

The original page can be found here.

And just a quick response the removing him from the hall of fame, since USA Wrestling doesn't actually own the museum/HOF, that would be up to the National Wrestling Museum, since it is independently owned and operated.
Daddegedam ha-himdag.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »
As coach said, its highly unlikely that this was his first adventure into predatory pedophilia.
While that is very possible there is not a shred of evidence to that effect to my knowledge.

Thanks for the update azref.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 07:46:24 pm »
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 12:57:50 pm »
The fact that this sick fool was allowed to work for USAW as long as he did, is messed up. There were people in the know who thought this guy was creepy for years and wouldn't let their kids anywhere near him. I wonder how many others things are being covered up?
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 09:10:36 am »
I had a run in with Mark Scott years back.  IMO, then, he demonstrated a complete lack of integrity.  There was much more to his character that was screwed up than just being a pedophile.  The whole national organization must share some of the blame as they should of, could of been aware of his lack of integrity or is money really the only thing that matters.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal