Author Topic: Should this be legal?  (Read 3929 times)

jvscrub

Re: Should this be legal?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 12:02:11 AM »
As an official I would stop the move.  Too much potential for injury.

Lateral Drop

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »
In a word, no.  Unless of course you really want to see a broken neck.

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • you gotta be tough if your gonna be stupid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »
my coaches taught me how to fall when I first started freestyle. Take the fall and don't post your arms. Im sure that the ref would have stopped it if it freaked the kid out, but if he is freaking out b/c someone lifts him off the mat he should probably grab a basketball. High Altitude throws and Pins are part of freestyle. There are wose and more delibrate ways to injure a kid on purpose and we've all seen some uncalled for throws, but if you jack the dude up like that itd only be a one pointer or get defended w/ a back arch.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »
my coaches taught me how to fall when I first started freestyle. Take the fall and don't post your arms. Im sure that the ref would have stopped it if it freaked the kid out, but if he is freaking out b/c someone lifts him off the mat he should probably grab a basketball. High Altitude throws and Pins are part of freestyle. There are wose and more delibrate ways to injure a kid on purpose and we've all seen some uncalled for throws, but if you jack the dude up like that itd only be a one pointer or get defended w/ a back arch.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "royboy"

Can you not see the potential danger in this????? Seriously.

That slam is fraught with potential disaster. Kids are taught LOTS of things, but it doesnt mean they listen or do what they are told. Wrestling doesnt need this.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"

Can you not see the potential danger in this????? Seriously.

That slam is fraught with potential disaster. Kids are taught LOTS of things, but it doesnt mean they listen or do what they are told. Wrestling doesnt need this.

yes i see the danger in it. but the kid getting tossed was not flailing around like a little kid the ref obviously should be ready for these situations since they start w/ a reverse lift.  these kids are pretty mature. Im not saying I'd promote bantams doing powerbombs, but juniors are the third oldest age group.