Author Topic:  (Read 20690 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"
I wonder if ctc is a closet evolution supporter who just likes to stir the pot? hmmmm.......Interesting concept.
It would undeniably be interesting and almost unbelievable that he could do such a wonderful job of acting.  Like the actors from the old Bob Newhart show, Larry, his brother Darrel and his other brother Darrel.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by coachsparky »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
I blame global warming for the fact that we don't live that long any more.

Regarding CTC - he is the real McCoy. I've met him.  Super nice guy and he believes what he says. I believe most of what he says also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jointdoc55 »

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
I know him too. I was just putting that on to rile him up. No one is as good an actor as Darrell, execpt his brother Darrell
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AKIN »
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
You guys are pretty good at ignoring your brains natural ability to reason if you really really believe what he says.  BTW, humans on average live longer now than the ever ever have, and they are on average taller now then they ever ever were.  Of course if you choose to reject all actual physical evidence, well then, that is where your rejecting you brains natural ability comes in.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
Hey sparky.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
Quote from: "drmuscle"
Hey sparky.
Hey DrMuscle, are you the reincarnation of mnmuscle?

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »
Yes but I'm even smarted over here, as evident by my knowledge of neurology on another thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 05:44:11 AM »
Quote from: "Valkyrie Wrestling"
So, What is you favorite part of evolutionism or creationism?
I find it extremely entertaining that creationist, who have already rejecting the use of their minds for its intended purpose, then delude themselves into thinking they have science (which in reality is pseudoscience) on their side.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 07:13:24 AM »
<a href='http://davenport.mediacomtoday.com/entertainment/index.php?display=story&article=D964E9M81&pd=20090204' target='_blank'>http://davenport.mediacomtoday.com/enterta...M81&pd=20090204[/url]

Interesting article on Ben Stein, he is getting his come uppance for supporting pseudo science.  What I find laughable is a guy who has clearly demonstrated that he does not have a clue what is science and what is not science, makes a statement as ignorant as this;

"I am far more pro-science than the Darwinists," Stein wrote in an e-mail to the newspaper. "I want all scientific inquiry to happen not just what the ruling clique calls science."

The guy has now attained the distinction of being a public joke.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »
Sparky good morning and glad to see you entering the fray.... I know you at least have a thick skin  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 07:18:41 AM »
Can you address the Stein statement of intense pressure to accept the status quo in regard to evolution? Pressure that stands as a roadblock to further research and alternative theories is oppression right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Intensity guru »
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 07:35:44 AM »
Quote from: "Intensity guru"
Can you address the Stein statement of intense pressure to accept the status quo in regard to evolution? Pressure that stands as a roadblock to further research and alternative theories is oppression right?
It does not exist.  There is no intense pressure to accept the status quo.  In fact, during your exposure to true theoretical science in academia, you quickly recognize that the most respected scientist are the ones who think outside the box and come up with completely unique and innovative, yet scientifically provable positions.  Nothing stands as a roadblock to further research to alternative "scientific" theories.  The problem IDers (=creationists) have is there is zero science in their theory.  It was dreamt up by lawyers as indicated in the wedge document.  Now get some real scientists coming up with a scientific theory that challenges evolution and you might have something.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 07:54:58 AM »
Quote from: "AKHvywght"
Quote from: "ctc"
There were many different factors involved.  Less desease, less gene mutations, more oxygen, less radiation, greater magnetic field.  We have fossils today of dragonflies 3 feet accross wingspan and human skeltons 12 feet tall.  Things were definately different then.

I hope you aren't a teacher....
Are you doubting my above claim?  Just address the facts, we can talk about your favorite cartoons on a different thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ctc »
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RedWrestler

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
ctc you are saying that evolution doesn't exist right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by RedWrestler »
"Gentlemen. You can\'t fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 08:03:04 AM »
Quote from: "pipewrench"
Oh geez...do we really have to ruin this site by this stuff?  Didn't you all figure this religion stuff out?

How about we just agree that CTC is right, and then we can be done with it???? :D
Ppppsssssttttttt, pipewrench,

Let me share with you a little secret.  Don't click on and evolution/creation thread if you don't want to read about it.  Obviously, it is subject material that IS very popular to discuss.  If it were boring, the thread would dry up.  

Glad I could help.   :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ctc »
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal