Author Topic:  (Read 2986 times)

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:25:12 pm »
What is the neutral positioning you like to see a wrestler work from, and why?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:31:26 pm »
I had a plan, I worked for underhooks as my offense was all based on that Single, and Hi-C.  If they kept their hips in the single was their almost all the time. If the backed their hips out I would snap down to a front head.

My second tie was a russian. I would the exact same series off that as I would a under hook.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:46 pm »
Quote from: "drmuscle"
I coach my wrestlers to be prepared to have one offensive setup from every tie-up position and not to linger in a tie-up for longer than 5 seconds.  If your move is not there, clear out and start over.  Most start with the collar tie to a slide by.  If that is not there they move to the underhook.  My younger son prefers to go to the russian prior to an underhook.  I pefer my kids get comfortable with short offense and take those long offense guys out of their game by tying up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by coachsparky »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:31:30 pm »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
I coach my wrestlers to be prepared to have one offensive setup from every tie-up position and not to linger in a tie-up for longer than 5 seconds.  If your move is not there, clear out and start over.  Most start with the collar tie to a slide by.  If that is not there they move to the underhook.  My younger son prefers to go to the russian prior to an underhook.  I pefer my kids get comfortable with short offense and take those long offense guys out of their game by tying up.
Define short offence , and long please.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:32:06 pm »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Define short offence , and long please.
Short offense, working from contact.  Long offense shots from distance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by coachsparky »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:36:07 pm »
I very much agree with the idea of not staying with a tie up too long. Now when you say to have a take down from each tie what are those different tie ups, and what TDs go with which tie ups?

StephanVonVesthell

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:36:54 pm »
I was much like V.  I would almost always start with inside ties then work to preferred position.  If I wasn't working from tie ups, I was working off the other guys posts or ties.  I posted a lot in college along with look offs from collar ties and drags.  If inside I worked like I said earlier, under-hooks and Russians.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StephanVonVesthell »

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:45 am »
Quote from: "Viratas"
I had a plan, I worked for underhooks as my offense was all based on that Single, and Hi-C.  If they kept their hips in the single was their almost all the time. If the backed their hips out I would snap down to a front head.

My second tie was a russian. I would the exact same series off that as I would a under hook.
Where did you go from the front head?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cougar1 »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:36:50 am »
From the front head, I pretty much used the Steiners Series,,, Chin and elbow and bounce their head off the mat till they are flat the simple go behind.

If they were cranky the I locked it up till they had little air.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 07:48:46 am »
From the front head, I pretty much used the Steiners Series,,, Chin and elbow and bounce their head off the mat till they are flat the simple go behind.

If they were cranky the I locked it up till they had little air.
Thanks!

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 07:57:20 am »
Actually you should go over and ask Terry if he would show you the series, I am sure he will.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 08:49:06 am »
Actually you should go over and ask Terry if he would show you the series, I am sure he will.
He's in the room fairly often. I'll have Justin talk to him next time.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline RedWrestler

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:33 am »
in high school i use everything, i can use any tie efficiantly to set up my shots. thats really thanks to Jordan's camp. My favorit would be the russian, because you can do some fun moves of it. But the most efficaint tie would be just a simple double inside tie. thats what i used against really good kids. then some times i dont even use ties. there not popular among light weights in south georgia, not many kids actually know how to use them right. But i always make sure to set up my shots, take the shot, them finish, some of the kids here just try to do it all in one move, but that is the way that i drill to. I dont just drill the shot i make sure to get the set up and take the shot then the finish.
Also what i have learneed is that the front head lock is a set up, not a offenceive move.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RedWrestler »
"Gentlemen. You can\'t fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Offline ER Coach

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 09:23:10 am »
The primary concern I have with any tie up is head position.  I've allways let my guys know that if they can see down their opponents back from a tie up, they're in poor position and are soon to have their head removed from their neck.  Keep pressure with the forhead and keep your elbow centered on their sternum with a good grip around the neck.  Constant work to the inside while steering them for your setup.  If you can't create what you want, break the tie and reset for something else.

With arms and wrist control, keep the fight between him and your legs until you have the control you want for your setup.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ER Coach »
When you feel it's time to bury your guns.......It's time to dig them up.

Offline RedWrestler

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 09:26:40 am »
also no ear to ear slopy ties. i see those alot down here. you really want your forhead to go into his temple, the side of his head. that way you can control his movment. puch his head to the side with your forhead and it also opens up a shot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RedWrestler »
"Gentlemen. You can\'t fight in here. This is the War Room!"