Author Topic: Mini Meltdown on themat.com again  (Read 6370 times)

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Re: Mini Meltdown on themat.com again
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:55 pm »
i gotta tell ya, their M.O. is getting really frustrating.

i think we have very good news/features/articles at TOM and it's only going to get better.

but when someone post a link to our site, themat's mods delete them rather quickly. i understand that our stuff is in direct competition with Intermat's premium site, but what does that have to do with themat? of course, unless Intermat people are mods there.

in any case, it's very unprofessional and certainly an abuse of the 'moderator' duties. instead of providing a better product and working harder, they try to sweep our work under the rug.

i think they're acting like 4 year olds, and it is personally offensive when we're treated uneaqually.

someone puts up a link to our article and it gets deleted.
someone puts up a link to their article reporting the same topic and it remains intact.

maybe they have an inferiority complex?

regardless, what can i do about it?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Drooke

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:00:10 pm »
Quote from: "The Du"
regardless, what can i do about it?

Let it roll off of your back Du.  You have been laying some impressive groundwork and producing some fantastic articles at this stage of infancy for TOM.

It makes me think about the movie Field of Dreams...."If you build it they will come."

And, I believe that they will Du.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:39:43 pm »
thanks Drooke. the encouragement is welcomed. i kind of get down about the whole thing when i think of the the crap that's going on when all we are trying to do is promote wrestling. the first conversation i ever had with V consisted mostly of how to reach the most people we could, not to overshadow anyone or step on toes.

who knows, it all could be for the best, considering, under these circumstances, the only way we get our due is to provide material and services fans can't get anywhere else.

not to sound like a douche, but the only thing there is to do is outwork everyone else.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Drooke

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:17 am »
Quote from: "The Du"
the only thing there is to do is outwork everyone else.

What you mentioned above and the fact the TOM will be offering a unique product to the market are two of the reasons (imo) that TOM will be a success.

They are however Two huge reasons.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • VERA LIBERTAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 08:00:06 pm »
I'm going to fire up my alias and commit some subterfuge.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline Indiana Wrestler

• LXP
  • National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 05:04:07 am »
I havent posted on themat since... well, idk. and I was way up there in post as well. I might go post once more just for the heck of it

Offline Indiana Wrestler

• LXP
  • National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:15 am »
i seem to remember having over 10k post... oh well

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »
Quote from: "Indiana Wrestler"
i seem to remember having over 10k post... oh well

Were you banned as well?
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline Indiana Wrestler

• LXP
  • National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 09:49:36 am »
not banned, it just wouldnt let me post cause my sig promoted theopenmat and LXP ;). I can login to my account, but not post

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:20 am »
For whatever reason, when I moved to Windows8 ... Can't get on to The Mat. Have asked for help, to no avail. Have no idea what is wrong. As it turns out.... I don't really miss it.
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 01:38:58 pm »
I dislike the format of their forums over there. I see many of the same topics repeated between the sites, sometimes almost word for word. I've noticed partiality on multiple occasions from the moderators. Much better over here, plus I think the tone of our discussions is much improved from the days from before the Politics forum was locked.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »
I just think that site is weird.  Maybe it is supposed to be this way in the internet wrestling forum world, but it seems like the overwhelming majority of posters there would rather go out of there way to find something Iowa related to bi*** about than actually discuss wrestling.  We may only get a post a week these days on the wrestling forum, but at least people here will talk wrestling instead of OMG THIS IOWA KID GLANCED AT MY BROTHER IN LAW FOR 3 SECONDS LONGER THAN I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED HIM GLANCING, NOW I AM GOING TO SMEAR MY OWN FECES ALL OVER MY FACE AND SCREAM ABOUT HOW IOWA IS RUINING WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 10:29:15 pm »
I dislike the format of their forums over there. I see many of the same topics repeated between the sites, sometimes almost word for word. I've noticed partiality on multiple occasions from the moderators. Much better over here, plus I think the tone of our discussions is much improved from the days from before the Politics forum was locked.
heelpick notwithstanding
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »
I just think that site is weird.  Maybe it is supposed to be this way in the internet wrestling forum world, but it seems like the overwhelming majority of posters there would rather go out of there way to find something Iowa related to bi*** about than actually discuss wrestling.  We may only get a post a week these days on the wrestling forum, but at least people here will talk wrestling instead of OMG THIS IOWA KID GLANCED AT MY BROTHER IN LAW FOR 3 SECONDS LONGER THAN I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED HIM GLANCING, NOW I AM GOING TO SMEAR MY OWN FECES ALL OVER MY FACE AND SCREAM ABOUT HOW IOWA IS RUINING WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, most the Iowa fans on that site are insufferable jackasses. I linked my favorite Hawkeye site below.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow