Author Topic: John Smith's Second Olympic Gold  (Read 722 times)

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
John Smith's Second Olympic Gold
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
I love watching John Smith wrestle internationally.  I think I learn something new no matter how many times I watch the same match.  It is very impressive how he did not need to use conventional setups to get so deep on his opponents but was able to use mostly stance - motion - level changes and a good bit of speed to get so far in on the best guys in the world that they had no choice but to bail out.  That built seems perfect for freestyle wrestling - the lean, wiry, built is perfect for being able to snag the leg from far away and also effectively controlling your opponents body with your arms.  The shorter stockier guys while usually stronger in brute strength can't grab legs from as far away and needs to get his body much closer telegraphing his attack and also when you are longer than your opponent it is easier to blanket them on top continually cutting down their base.  As a shorter guy I can tell you its pretty frustrating wrestling a lanky guy who knows how to use his length and leverage to negate your strength.

[video:bvh2e30w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpdKWeaedKE&feature=related[/video:bvh2e30w]
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan