Poll

Are you going to get the Flu Shot? (h1n1)

Yes
4 (25%)
No
12 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 14, 2009, 01:05:35 PM

Author Topic: the Flu Shot  (Read 4308 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
the Flu Shot
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »
Are you going to get one ???
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
Re: the Flu Shot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
Nada
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
I responded no as well.  Wondering the reasons for all.  Mine is that I simply don't feel the need to get it.  I rarely get sick and when I do, it doesn't last long.  My wife always gets the vacinations and will again I am sure.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
I stoped getting the regular one 7 years ago and have been Flu free, but when I got the shot I always got the Flu.

I also believe in natural things meaning if it kills me well then maybe that was meant to be.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »
I don't trust the science behind it.  I'm a healthy individual in general.  I see no reason to expose myself to a vaccine that in the past (flu shots in general) to drastically protect those taking them.  And I'm also opposed to it because the government is damn near ordering people to.

I don't see a reason for people with uncompromised immune systems to protect against something that bedrest, hydration, and aspirin can defeat.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »
The government is no where near ordering people to bryce.  I work for the government and there is no pressure whatsoever to get one.  Gosh you right wingers really are going off the deepend.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »
Actually you could say that the govt. is forcing the immunizations, as kids are not able to go to school without them.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"
Actually you could say that the govt. is forcing the immunizations, as kids are not able to go to school without them.

Anyone 23 years and younger should get them.  They are most at danger from the flu.  I am making both my boys get them.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
The government is no where near ordering people to bryce.  I work for the government and there is no pressure whatsoever to get one.  Gosh you right wingers really are going off the deepend.

I misspoke about the word "order" ... they are strongly encouraging...as can be seen by Sibelius' remarks.

and if I'm a right winger because I don't think the government should be saying I need a shot that I Don't need then for once you're actually right in your assumption.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 12:23:49 AM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "AKIN"

Anyone 23 years and younger should get them.  They are most at danger from the flu.  I am making both my boys get them.

Pretty sure its the elderly that have the most to worry about the flu...

I'm pretty sure I've already had H1N1 so not much of a worry for me.  I get a regular flu shot from time to time when my mom talks me into it (she works in public health) but I dont think I've ever had the regular flu

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 12:48:06 AM »
Never had a flu shot and won't likely get this one either. I have a Dr. friend who has recommended avoiding it.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

StephanVonVesthell

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:22:53 AM »
I was too young to remember my last flu shot.  I tend to think that I'm strong enough to take on any flu.  I voted no simply because I don't think it's necessary.

Offline tpay

• LXP
  • National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 02:51:34 AM »
No, don't see the point, have not been sick in years.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »
Two of my Daughters friends had the shot when the initial over the top panic started and guess what?

In the past 8 weeks both have had that flu (so their parents claim). Also note neither died,

The people dieing have pre-existing medical condistions from what I have read.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
Blown out of porportion.  Kind of like global warming.  The regular flu shot is very bad for you (gov says it is safe and good) and now gov says swine flu shot is safe and good for you too.  LOOK OUT!!!  

PS - I haven't had the flu in 40 years.  Zero flu shots.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville