Author Topic: Fantasy Questions Thread  (Read 7287 times)

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Questions Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »
Quote from: "nywrestler4life"
I have another question:  What happens if someone doesn't submit a roster for the week?  Do you just go by the roster of the previous week or do they get no points...

We'll go by their previous roster.  But if they dont submit for more then two weeks in a row I'll probably just boot them out of the league to make the scoring easier for our accountants.  (We'll probably have some people quit this year if past precedent is any indication)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
I have another question:  What happens if someone doesn't submit a roster for the week?  Do you just go by the roster of the previous week or do they get no points...

We'll go by their previous roster.  But if they dont submit for more then two weeks in a row I'll probably just boot them out of the league to make the scoring easier for our accountants.  (We'll probably have some people quit this year if past precedent is any indication)

You skipped them during the draft too, didn't you?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"

You skipped them during the draft too, didn't you?

I love how you are complaining about skipping when really I think I skipped maybe 2 people in the whole draft...

and no, this is my first time running a league.  But plenty of people have gotten skipped in our other leagues (including myself)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
Hey Lost~

You suck.

That is all.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline BryanB

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
If my lineup listed two wrestlers at 165 lbs and two at 125 lbs but no one at 157 pounds, would that be kosher?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Quote from: "BryanB"
If my lineup listed two wrestlers at 165 lbs and two at 125 lbs but no one at 157 pounds, would that be kosher?

Thats definitely a negatory.  You have one starting spot for each weight and then one "flex" spot that can be a weight of your choice.  So you could start two 125s, or two 165s, but not both.  If for whatever reason you have no 157 pounder you will only be able to score 10 guys per week.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »
Something we seriously need to consider is just counting all matches, tournaments or duals, during the year. To me, that just makes sense, especially if we are looking up our teams matches each week.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 02:08:00 AM »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Something we seriously need to consider is just counting all matches, tournaments or duals, during the year. To me, that just makes sense, especially if we are looking up our teams matches each week.

Nope.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
Lost...
if I drafted Dolan, but he is the backup...do I get points when the starter (wisdom?) wrestles 125 for Mizzou because no one else has him?  I mean I think of Dolan as MY starter and Wisdom is the backup
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »
Quote from: "brycemus"
Lost...
if I drafted Dolan, but he is the backup...do I get points when the starter (wisdom?) wrestles 125 for Mizzou because no one else has him?  I mean I think of Dolan as MY starter and Wisdom is the backup

Yep.

For tournies if both guys wrestle you get the guy you picked, unless he is not competing.  In that case I will let you score the backups points.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

Nope.

Why?

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
How are we scoring dual tournaments?  Do they count as a series of duals or are they tournaments that don't count since they aren't listed?

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »
How are we scoring dual tournaments?  Do they count as a series of duals or are they tournaments that don't count since they aren't listed?

The way I understand it, dual tournaments count all matches.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »

The way I understand it, dual tournaments count all matches.

That would have been my assumption, but I thought I had better ask.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »
All duals will count as duals, and all duals will be scored.  So Virginia duals would be exactly the same as if a team had 4/5 individual duals within a week.