Author Topic: Fantasy Questions Thread  (Read 8283 times)

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Questions Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Quote from: "LoSt"
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Something we seriously need to consider is just counting all matches, tournaments or duals, during the year. To me, that just makes sense, especially if we are looking up our teams matches each week.

Nope.

Why?

Because we drafted under one set of scheduling assumptions and there is no way I am going to tamper with it at this point.  Doing so would be incredibly unfair to people who actually did their homework and looked at what teams would be attending the most scored events.

You are welcome to put a slip in the idea box for next year, but unless there is overwhelming support for overhauling the system we will probably keep with what we have.  This is a system that has been fine tuned over three years and has worked great, and it means that doing your homework actually pays off.  Not all tourneys are equal, and not all tournies should be counted as equal.

If anything I would be inclined to DROP tourneys, as I dont feel the Binghamton open and NC STate open are worthy of being scored this year.  However I forgot to change that before we started the draft, so it will stand as it is for this year.

Drooke

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »
Yo Lost, so points won't be scored in either the hokie or clarion open correct?  What if one of my guys wrestle in one of the opens/tournaments and face a wrestler ranked in the top 25 (d1cw) and wins.  Will I receive those points?

Thanks in advance.  

Oh and have you heard anything about my initial 141 pick Tyler Nauman dropping to 133?  He is listed as wrestling at 133 on the clarion open site but I'm guessing its a typo.  Ah well pitts wrestle-offs are happening as we type so I suppose I will find out later.  If it was true though he would be a wicked 133 lbr.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »
Quote from: "Drooke"
Yo Lost, so points won't be scored in either the hokie or clarion open correct?  What if one of my guys wrestle in one of the opens/tournaments and face a wrestler ranked in the top 25 (d1cw) and wins.  Will I receive those points?

Thanks in advance.  

Oh and have you heard anything about my initial 141 pick Tyler Nauman dropping to 133?  He is listed as wrestling at 133 on the clarion open site but I'm guessing its a typo.  Ah well pitts wrestle-offs are happening as we type so I suppose I will find out later.  If it was true though he would be a wicked 133 lbr.

I would assume that is a typo, he is too big for 133. I have in fact heard rumors of him moving up to 149 eventually, although likely not this year.

And yes, top 25 wins will count at the Hokie/Clarion open.  They will be few and far between though (which is why we arent counting those tournies).

For the top 25 I will be using Earls rankings, because I dislike intermat.

Drooke

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »
Thanks Lost.  I was just debating on switching my flex wrestler for this week.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
yeah, i have heard the same thing about nauman (possible move to 49)

also, here's a question for ya lost,

hypothetical:

i picked boris novochkov. if he would move to 141 and i still wanted to use him at some point, could I, even though i selected him at 133? i mean obviously i would have to designate him exclusively as amy 141 starter for that week, but would that be allowed?

in essence what im asking is....can we start a guy at a different weight (if he actually wrestles there) from the weight we drafted him at?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »
Quote from: "The Du"
yeah, i have heard the same thing about nauman (possible move to 49)

also, here's a question for ya lost,

hypothetical:

i picked boris novochkov. if he would move to 141 and i still wanted to use him at some point, could I, even though i selected him at 133? i mean obviously i would have to designate him exclusively as amy 141 starter for that week, but would that be allowed?

in essence what im asking is....can we start a guy at a different weight (if he actually wrestles there) from the weight we drafted him at?

Absolutely, as I said we are drafting people, not weights.  If Boris moves up to 165 you can start him there

The one thing you CANT do is start him at 133, and then score points if he wrestles at 141.  Or vice versa  This is true of anyone bumping up.  If you had started Ben Askren at 174 for National Duals and he bumped up to wrestle Kish you would not be able to score points for that.  

So if you are uncertain where a guy will be going and he is vacilliating between weights the best option is to flex him.  Flex starts a guy irregardless of weight, so you'll score points no matter where he goes.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »

Thanks in advance.  

I would assume that is a typo, he is too big for 133. I have in fact heard rumors of him moving up to 149 eventually, although likely not this year.

And yes, top 25 wins will count at the Hokie/Clarion open.  They will be few and far between though (which is why we arent counting those tournies).

Why not use TOM's rankings? Keep it all in the family.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"

Thanks in advance.  

Why not use TOM's rankings? Keep it all in the family.

TOM has rankings?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »
Is the top 25 thing for any non-listed tournament?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 05:46:53 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
Is the top 25 thing for any non-listed tournament?

yeppers.  That rule is my brainchild too, in past years we had returning AAs meeting in some unscored tournaments and it didnt count, which I thought was totally bs.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »
So Do I currently have whoever MI throws out at 141? (Backup) basically?
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
Looks like I need a 133lber for a bit. Can I make any moves yet?
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »
Yes and Yes.

V you will have to find out who the Michigan backup is to start him in tournaments.