Author Topic: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"  (Read 5442 times)

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"
Here are my backups. Critique away.

Ben Ashmore ASU
Mike Mangrum Oregon State
Colton Salazar Purdue
Bagna Tovuujav George Mason
Nathan Everhart Indiana

125: Way too small to be successful at 133

141: An unknown at this point, although I'm not particularly high on him

157: Just straight up average and not very good

174: Good pickup, guy with upside who will win many matches

HVY: Might be decent cuz of Indianas pud schedule, but will not accomplish anything of significance

Offline The Du

  • LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 4634
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 11:26:53 PM »
akin, yes, kemerer will RS

Lost--i agree with almost everything you say. of course 1) i think my team is highly competitive 2) not sure if you're joking about Tomei (he'll be pretty good for sure) 3) nevermind i'll ask it on the questions thread
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline AKIN

  • LXP
  • Moderator
  • Get a Job
  • *****
  • Posts: 16196
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
Quote from: "AKIN"
Here are my backups. Critique away.

Ben Ashmore ASU
Mike Mangrum Oregon State
Colton Salazar Purdue
Bagna Tovuujav George Mason
Nathan Everhart Indiana

125: Way too small to be successful at 133

141: An unknown at this point, although I'm not particularly high on him

157: Just straight up average and not very good

174: Good pickup, guy with upside who will win many matches

HVY: Might be decent cuz of Indianas pud schedule, but will not accomplish anything of significance

Well I didn't pick him up as a 133, but we've already talked about it.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline BryanB

  • Regional Champ
  • *
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »
Well if I understand the rules, I DO HAVE A 197 pounder.  He is an up and coming, monster of an athlete that will undoubtedly challenge for the national championship this year at 197...MIKE PETERSON.  He may have only been 3-10 last year but he spent the summer with the pygmies in the Ituri forest where if you are not able to perform 10 double leg take downs on KembeNumbaGumba, the 6' 8" half man/half beast, then you are cannbalized.  

Byers is only red-shirting because he couldn't handle Peterson in the room and feared being eaten.

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "BryanB"
Well if I understand the rules, I DO HAVE A 197 pounder.  He is an up and coming, monster of an athlete that will undoubtedly challenge for the national championship this year at 197...MIKE PETERSON.  He may have only been 3-10 last year but he spent the summer with the pygmies in the Ituri forest where if you are not able to perform 10 double leg take downs on KembeNumbaGumba, the 6' 8" half man/half beast, then you are cannbalized.  

Byers is only red-shirting because he couldn't handle Peterson in the room and feared being eaten.

Bahahahaha  :lol:

I stand corrected ;)

Offline OkieSpladle

  • LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3803
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
Wait, so all you've got on me is that I have too many major conference guys?  Weak, even for you.  :lol:

My other backups outside of Sponsellor were Mustari, 125 N. Colo, Ciasulli 141, Lehigh, McNeil 174 Oklahoma State and Foster 184 Oklahoma State.

And I am aware that McNeil is probably only starting first semester until Benefiel is available, but a 2-2 record at 184 at Nats last year made him worth a 15th round pick to me.

Offline OkieSpladle

  • LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3803
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
I can't believe we're all taking shit from a guy who took Cyler "At least I won't get majored by Erisman at the Conference tournament again this year" Sanderson and the vastly overrated Chad Beatty.

Drooke

  • Guest
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
The thing is Okie that cyler stands to score a lot of points in the big ten. The best thing for him was to transfer. I've never been a big fan of his but he should do well this year mainly due to a lack of elite competition.

Ask Lost how his other fantasy team is doing. Lol

Offline OkieSpladle

  • LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3803
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
Quote from: "Drooke"
The thing is Okie that cyler stands to score a lot of points in the big ten. The best thing for him was to transfer. I've never been a big fan of his but he should do well this year mainly due to a lack of elite competition.

Ask Lost how his other fantasy team is doing. Lol

I understand the Big 10 is weak at that weight, but I'm a little concerned about his confidence level after the season he had last year.  He may well bounce back (and he certainly looked the part at the wrestle-off, at least for the 1st period) and be a legit top 10 guy, but I could also see him plummeting.

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
Wait, so all you've got on me is that I have too many major conference guys?  Weak, even for you.  :lol:

My other backups outside of Sponsellor were Mustari, 125 N. Colo, Ciasulli 141, Lehigh, McNeil 174 Oklahoma State and Foster 184 Oklahoma State.

And I am aware that McNeil is probably only starting first semester until Benefiel is available, but a 2-2 record at 184 at Nats last year made him worth a 15th round pick to me.


Mcneil=weak, but then again 174 in the B12 is super overrated.

Ciasulli is solid, but I will say you are lucky for some recent roster shuffles.  Going into this season Ciasulli was poised to get butt raped for most of the season.  Back when we drafted here were his scheduled opponents.

Rider
Molinaro
Nauman
Humphrey
Russell

NC State
Nebraska
Krom
Midlands

Virginia Duals
Brandon Rader
Navy
Kyle Dake
Chris Diaz

Melde
Brown University
Jantzen
Penn

Ouch...   Luckily for you, Russell and Jantzen are RSING and Molinaro is moving up.  Still a pretty rough go of things for a school whos schedule is mostly dual meets.

I had Mustari on my team, he is not very good and will not win the WWC.  Plus NoCols schedule sucks.

Foster is quality stuff.

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
I can't believe we're all taking ---- from a guy who took Cyler "At least I won't get majored by Erisman at the Conference tournament again this year" Sanderson and the vastly overrated Chad Beatty.

Yes well...  I guess we have a different concept of what overrated means.  Iowa has a proven track record of taking guys like Beatty/ERekson/Dennis/whoever and making them studs, and back when he was a 174er Beatty was back and forth with Borschel.  197 is extremely weak in the b10 this year, who do you believe will challenge Beatty.  Brandvold?  Doubtful...  Bond?  Now THERE is a guy who has been overrated, because of his HS career.

Cyler is my backup in case you weren't sure, and having the #5 guy in the country, a returning AA, and #1 guy in the b10 as your backup is good stuff as far as I am concerned ;)

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
abcd... forum needs a delete function

Offline OkieSpladle

  • LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3803
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
I can't believe we're all taking ---- from a guy who took Cyler "At least I won't get majored by Erisman at the Conference tournament again this year" Sanderson and the vastly overrated Chad Beatty.

Yes well...  I guess we have a different concept of what overrated means.  Iowa has a proven track record of taking guys like Beatty/ERekson/Dennis/whoever and making them studs, and back when he was a 174er Beatty was back and forth with Borschel.  197 is extremely weak in the b10 this year, who do you believe will challenge Beatty.  Brandvold?  Doubtful...  Bond?  Now THERE is a guy who has been overrated, because of his HS career.

Cyler is my backup in case you weren't sure, and having the #5 guy in the country, a returning AA, and #1 guy in the b10 as your backup is good stuff as far as I am concerned ;)

We heard all last year how great Beatty was and how he was going to AA.  It didn't happen, not even close.  Bond may not be on Beatty's level, but he won 2 less matches last year and finished ahead of Beatty, albeit by Injury Default, at the Big 10s.

Offline Cicero

  • Conference Champ
  • ***
  • Posts: 834
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 05:42:52 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
Quote from: "Cicero"
Dude, you picked DeShazer for me.

Fernandez is a back up and he could definitely be useful until conference matches.

My other picks are Prater 141, Rella 174 and Scotton 157.

Yeah that was before I decided to just go by the rankings instead of giving people a guy I thought they could use.. He pins like crazy and has been 133 in the past.  But I know he is large and has eyed 141 before

You had the opportunity to throw him back during the draft and choze not to tho.

Fernandez is the dog poo ina Fantasy Lawn.  I can't beleieve he's gone off the table in all 3 leagues I've seen.
I'm actually not too worried about it.  I just thought it was funny of the two picks you don't like, you had made one for me.  

And on Fernandez, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a weak schedule actually help you in this thing?  With the Big XII having so few teams all of his other matches he should be favored in, which unlike bigger conferences is most of his matches.  

He probably won't be in at the conference tournament, but hey I should have a commanding lead by then anyway.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline LoSt

  • I Need More Hobbies
  • *****
  • Posts: 3038
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "You guys didnt do your homework thread"
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 05:58:37 PM »
Quote from: "Cicero"
Quote from: "LoSt"
Quote from: "Cicero"
Dude, you picked DeShazer for me.

Fernandez is a back up and he could definitely be useful until conference matches.

My other picks are Prater 141, Rella 174 and Scotton 157.

Yeah that was before I decided to just go by the rankings instead of giving people a guy I thought they could use.. He pins like crazy and has been 133 in the past.  But I know he is large and has eyed 141 before

You had the opportunity to throw him back during the draft and choze not to tho.

Fernandez is the dog poo ina Fantasy Lawn.  I can't beleieve he's gone off the table in all 3 leagues I've seen.
I'm actually not too worried about it.  I just thought it was funny of the two picks you don't like, you had made one for me.  

And on Fernandez, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a weak schedule actually help you in this thing?  With the Big XII having so few teams all of his other matches he should be favored in, which unlike bigger conferences is most of his matches.  

He probably won't be in at the conference tournament, but hey I should have a commanding lead by then anyway.

Yeah a weak schedule would help, but by weak I meant not that great.  Dont get me wrong, its far and away the best B12 schedule.  But its no Maryland..

Look at it this way...  Fernandez will score 0 conference points, and ~0 NCAA points.  So he clearly is a guy drafted only for the regular season  Look at Fernandezs record+schedule last year.

If you take away his 1 NCAA win and ~4 for the Oklahoma open (Cant find the brackets) he won 16 matches last year.  So basically in order for him to be a worthwhile pick, you are telling me that there was no heavy left on the board that you think could win more then 16 matches scored matches.  A little research will show thats not even close to true.

We all make mistakes though, mostly I just find it funny that the LAST place guy in a conference got picked  :mrgreen: