Author Topic: Why LoSt's team Rocks  (Read 2407 times)

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Why LoSt's team Rocks
« on: November 07, 2009, 02:29:36 AM »
Feel free to try and top my braggadocio with a breakdown of your own team (good luck with that ;))
Parenthesis is conference ranking.

125: #10 Jarrod Garnett (#1)
A guy who didnt have a ton of Marquee wins last year and came into NCAAs unseeded, Garnett still went 41-9 last year with most of his losses coming to AA caliber wrestlers.  He scores an absurd amount of bonus and should absolute obliterate everyone in the ACC.  He is incredibly dynamic and explosive from his feet, and I expect him to be a 5th-8th finisher this year.

125: #19 Michael Martinez (#2)
A little bit of an unknown for many people, like Garnett, Martinez is also coming off a stellar freshman year, in which he went 36-11.  MArtinez showed considerable improvement over the course of last year, and wound up avenging an early season loss to Tony Mustari in the WWC finals.  Combine that with his stellar freestyle results this summer and the expert tutalage of Mark Branch, and I expect Martinez to have a breakout year.

133: #2 Jayson Ness (#2)
The first gopher I've had on a fantasy wrestling team, and probably my favorite wrestler of all time, I love this guy.  Ness is one of the three or so guys with a legitimate shot to win a title this year, and I think he gets it done.  He's never lost to Gomez, and if he can finally get over the hump and take out Dennis I think its his year.
Obviously he also scores insane amounts of bonus as well, and it'd be nice to see him finally break Morgans single Season pin record for the gophs.

141: #14 Trent Washington (#1)
Another guy many probably dont know about, Washington is a super stud who has had a lot of problems staying healthy.  Last year he pinned Tanelli, took Russell to SV, and beat other notables like Thorn and Cleveland.  He was giving Drouin a match at NCAAs when he got injured very badly (I believe KOed) and had to default out of the tourney.

I expect him to repeat as WWC champ and be a strong darkhorse AA contender this season.

149: #4 Kyle Borshoff (#1)
A guy who has kind of flown under the Rader a bit, as he didn't wrestle many of the big names last year and doesnt go to a very heralded program  Borshoff is none-the-less a returning AA and the front runner in the EIWA.   In this years thinned out 149 I see no reason why he doesn't repeat.

149: UR David Greenwald (#6)
A really solid late round pick for me here...  Greenwald didn't have a ton of Marquee wins last year, but he did manage to pin TWENTY people before being declared academically ineligible 2nd semester.  Rutgers schedule isn't amazing, but its far from bad, and Greenwalds insane bonus will help cover the big holes that Borshoff has in his schedule.

Additionally, while he hasn't shown himself to be an AA contender just yet, Greenwalds 8 losses last year came to quality opposition.  This year under the tutalage of first year assistant Cory Cooperman I would not be surprised for Greenwald to make the jump from 2nd tier bonus scorer to AA contender.

157: #6 Bryce Saddoris (#2)
A very tough, physical wrestler, who over 40 matches last year and finished 6th at NCAAs.  He recently had a bit of a headscratching loss to Purdues Salazaar at the EMU open.  I dont think Saddoris is quite as talented as some of the other 157ers, but he is the kind of wrestler who will win matches that he probably shouldn't on heart alone.  A repeat performance as an AA would seem likely this year, and he should at least make the finals of the EIWA.

More importantly, Navies schedule is one of the best in D1 for our fantasy league, and Saddoris will be wrestling in no less then FIVE scored tournaments this year.

157: #5 Cyler Sanderson (#1)
A former AA who seemed to hit a bit of a slump last year and definitely did not perform up to expectations.  I'm hoping that the change of scenery will do him well, and I expect him to give a good accounting of himself in an extremely thin B10 weight.  Past Burroughs 157 is wide open, and Cyler has split matches with two of the top contenders in Hall and Moley.

Cyler could be in contention for a finals berth, and is a clear favorite to take home the B10 crown this year.

165: #6 Andy Rendos (#1)
A returning AA who flew under the rader a little bit last year.  I dont think Rendos is quite the same level as a lot of the B10 and B12 guys, but he has an advantage that they dont; he isn't in the b10 or b12.  While Vallimont/Marable/Schlatter/Whoever are going to be beating each other up and dropping matches to each other, Rendos should cruise to the conference title and cushy record.  Combine that with a very active schedule and a lot of bonus points, and Rendos could very well emerge as one of my top scorers this year in addition to being an AA threat.

165: #25 Michael Chaires (#2)
A sleeper who I feel is massively underranked at #25.  Chaires started as a true frosh two years ago and compiled a 32-9 record before failing to qualify under the miserable qualification system of the time.  Last year he redshirted, and I expect him to surprise a lot of people this year.  Its a little unlikely that he'll grab a podium spot given the depth of 165, but he'll definitely win his share of matches and is a favorite in the ACC

174: #3 Mack Lewnes (#1)
 Lewnes brought an undefeated record and the #1 seed to NCAAs last year before falling victim to the flu and being bounced out in just two matches.  This year he is moving up a weight to the somewhat depleted 174.  I think Lewnes walks through 174 this year, and outside of Borschel ramping it up a notch I dont really see anyone even challenging him.  He should demolish EIWAs and and at the very least place high on the podium

174: #12 Luke Manuel (#4)
Manuel is a very solid wrestler who just beat Luke Rebertus to win the EMU open.  A returning R12, there is no questioning that Manuel is a darkhorse AA threat and a candidate to make the B10 finals at 174.  However the biggest reason he is on my team this year is Purdues dainty schedule, which included several tri and quad meets against lesser competition.  Many of these meets match up almost perfectly with the gaping holes in Lewnes schedule, so Manuel will see plenty of mat time on my team.

184: #9 Dustin Kilgore (#1)
A guy who is underranked based on his dissapointing performance at NCAAs last year.  Up until last years tournament Kilgore had suffered only three losses all year, one to Smith, one to Herbert, and one to Pucillo.  When two of your five losses freshman year are to that years national finalists, you are probably doing something right.  Kent has a busy schedule and Kilgore should walk through his conference, so he'll be worth plenty of points.  I really expect him to emerge as a clear #3 or #4 guy in the country

197: #7 Chad Beatty (#2)
Oh no!  It's chad Beatty...

I've really been impressed by Beatty over the past two years, not because he's had a great record, but because he's given it his all in every match I've seen.  Not only does he have heart, but he's really gone to great lengths to fill himself out in a weight class that he isn't naturally suited for.  Last year he was having a very solid season before injuries derailed any chance at a podium finish  

This year I expect Beatty to win an extremely weak B10s and challenge for AA honors in a weight that is not very deep nationally.

HVY: #11 Ben Berhow (#2)
What can I say, I'm a minny guy, and I like Minnesotas history with heavyweights.  Berhow is a guy who has shown marked and consistent improvement every year he has been with the Minnesota program.  He went from being a sub .500 wrestler his freshman year to a 27-11 record with numerous quality wins, including a few over AA Kyle Massey of Wisconsin.  This year I expect him to step it up once again, and be in contention for low AA honors.  With Ereksons injury I see no reason why Big Ben cant contend for a B10 title this year, and I'm excited to be able to cheer him on

The bottom line:  My team rocks and will win.

Discuss
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:40:56 PM by LoSt »

Offline horatio

• LXP
  • World Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why LoSt's team Rocks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
ben's eligible again?  your team IS tough.
"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
Quote from: "horatio"

PWND
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »
Quote from: "horatio"

I was going to see if anyone would notice  :lol:

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:17:17 PM »
Garnett really scored you a ton of points against that KSU back up today!
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
Garnett really scored you a ton of points against that KSU back up today!

hush :oops:

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
bumped and updated to show my teams true awesomeness

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »
Where are your favorites to win nationals?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
Lewnes and Ness

Last year I won our league by about 100 points and only had one champion.

Drooke

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
I wanna see a Lost National's prediction thread.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »
ugh... I feel like its too early for that kind of rubbish honestly.  We dont even know whos healthy and whos not, or who is going to not be able to cut the weight.  Or what frosh will emerge

Maybe I could do a JT style weight breakdown, but without the numerous errors or stupid predictions.

Drooke

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 11:58:20 PM »
Well that sounds fabulous.....carry on.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
ugh... I feel like its too early for that kind of rubbish honestly.  We dont even know whos healthy and whos not, or who is going to not be able to cut the weight.  Or what frosh will emerge

Maybe I could do a JT style weight breakdown, but without the numerous errors or stupid predictions.

Nice name drop.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline horatio

• LXP
  • World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »

:P
"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."