Author Topic: Week 11/27-12/3 team scores  (Read 2967 times)

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Week 11/27-12/3 team scores
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »
Quote from: "Cicero"
Quote from: "LoSt"
I will emerge as the clear #1 after a while.  It might not be til midlands week, but it will happen
I'm just curious how this all works out.  With schedules being so hit or miss fall semester it is hard for anyone to get a big lead I think.  One big week of scoring followed up by almost none the next.  Seems like it will definitely be mid-January for someone to pull away when every school has some competition every week.

It is not very hard at all if you pay attention to scheduling when drafting your team and especially your backups.  I think I had a few hundred points on the 3rd-5th guys by the end of last year.  Midlands/Scuffle week is a big decider, I think I put up 263 there last year and a few others broke the 200 barrier.  Some scored as little as ~140ish

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
In my experience, the top 5 or 6 in a league are established within the first month, and the rest of the year is just slight shifts in what order those people are in

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
What are the overall standings so far?
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
Could be a decent week for me. Hoping for 36 from my OSU boys after they wrestle today.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
Quote from: "Cicero"
I will emerge as the clear #1 after a while.  It might not be til midlands week, but it will happen
I'm just curious how this all works out.  With schedules being so hit or miss fall semester it is hard for anyone to get a big lead I think.  One big week of scoring followed up by almost none the next.  Seems like it will definitely be mid-January for someone to pull away when every school has some competition every week.

It is not very hard at all if you pay attention to scheduling when drafting your team and especially your backups.  I think I had a few hundred points on the 3rd-5th guys by the end of last year.  Midlands/Scuffle week is a big decider, I think I put up 263 there last year and a few others broke the 200 barrier.  Some scored as little as ~140ish
Looks like I should be alright during Midlands/Scuffle, if my guys perform of course.  Missed the boat at 174, but at every other weight I have guys who will be at one or the other.  Plus a flex guy in at them.  Good Lord, why can't corporate law be as interesting as Fantasy wrestling?  Cause I did go and check my lineup on this information.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
Its wayyyy too early to have any idea how Midlands/Scuffle will shape up for your guys, trust me.  Many are probably still untested, and who knows what injuries or lineup shuffles we will see between now and Midlands?

Almost everyone will have 8 or more guys going to one of the two tournaments, its an issue of who gets a bunch of champs.  Champions are worth 10 points in addition to whatever match points they score you

Drooke

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
What are the overall standings so far?

V, Akin has been updating the first entry in this thread... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7528

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
Thanks
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"College has become a cruel, expensive joke on the poor and the middle class, that benefits only the perpetrator of it." - Peter Gregory

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
So Bennett goes 174 and I am screwed? Does the same apply if you guy bumps up a weight?

ALso, if this is the case I should have gotten all of Millers points technically, because we was not drafted at 184

Well, if you want to consider your backup beating out a returning national finalist "screwed" then yes..

You dont score his points for him this week unless you flexed him.  The same is true of whoever has Miller.

I have to agree with V here. (Especially since I am the guy that has Miller.)  The rule on this is a little vague.

2. We're eliminating the rule where you don't get points if your wrestler bumps up a weight in a dual. If your wrestler wrestles in a dual and wins you get his points.

However if your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back ups points.

The particularly intriguing part is where it says, "If your wrestler wrestles in a dual and wins you get his points."
Nobody is trying to start Ellis at 125 or anything like that.  These two could switch back and forth so you would never know where to start them.
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »
You are correct I should amend that part of the rules.  Those are copy pasted verbatim from my other league and some minor things are handled differently there then they are in this league.

My policy is that a guy has to be started at the right weight or he does not score any points.

Otherwise what is to stop you from starting Miller at 174 and scoring his points for him wrestling at 184 for the entire year, on the rationale that Miller is "bumping up"?  That also creates even more issues since the rule as Jensens wrote it applies only to guys MOVING UP.  So Bennet wouldn't be able to score points for wrestling a different weight, while Miller would.  That doesn't make sense and isn't fair.

It also presents me with a situation where I have to make judgement calls on who gets points in what instances.  When does Miller stop "bumping up" and become a true 184 pounder?  It gets very murky and political, and it's not something I want to deal with.  I'm going to keep it simple and say that wrong weight=no points.  

Because this was not clearly stated in the rules I provided you guys, I'll let V score Millers points this week, as well as anyone else who had something similar happen.

However, going forward wrestlers must be started at the weight they compete at or you will not score points for them (unless they are flexed).

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
So basically I need to go back and rescore the guys that were wrestling off the weights they were at in the posted lineups. I'll try to get on that tomorrow. Not to muddy thr waters, but this is from the rules listed on the first page of the draft thread:

We're eliminating the rule where you don't get points if your wrestler bumps up a weight in a dual. If your wrestler wrestles in a dual and wins you get his points. Sounds like the points should be good no matter what weight they wrestle. Let me know if I am reading this wrong.

However if your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back ups points.

The rule from last year where if your wrestler doesn't wrestle and his back up wins will stay the same. You will get those points just as long as someone else doesn't have the back up.

3. Back Ups will be eligible for tournaments this year. I meant for them to be eligible last year but the season got started before I could clarify. The difference between tournaments and duals however will be that in tournaments to get points from a back up you will have to specifically declare that back up in your line up for the week.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
AKIN because I did make this clear enough in the rules we will keep scores the way they are for this week.  However going forward, a wrestler must wrestle at the weight you start him at (unless he is flexed) in order to score points.

I will edit and re-post the rules so that they reflect this change.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
Sounds bueno to me. Easier to keep track of.

Drooke

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »
Akin.  I don't think that I've thanked you for taking over the scoring for our league.

So, Thanks Bro!!

Although I bet you are learning quite a bit from the scoring and will be an even greater adversary next season.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
Thank you. I have learned to look at the schedules much closer next time.