Poll

Did the system work?

Yes
2 (20%)
No
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 27, 2009, 12:06:30 PM

Author Topic: Time for a new poll poll  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Time for a new poll poll
« on: December 27, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »
Concerning the attempted sabotage of Northwest Airlines Flight 253 we have Janet Napolitano saying the system worked while others say it did not. It seems that the failure was in the explosive devise (thankfully) and if it had gone off as planned it would have caused loss of life. Would you agree that the system worked in this instance?
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a new poll poll
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »
She's GOT to be kiddin!

Then again.. this IS the Obama Administration where no lie is too big.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
She's GOT to be kiddin!

She was commenting primarily on the how it was resolved once the plot was attempted but SHEESH, how could she even think that when everything went to crap until that point. I heard Leiberman say today that this was like the 12th act of terror on American soil this year and the third to actually be carried out (though without serious consequences this time). Anyone that thinks these people are going away peacefully better be thinking again.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
She's GOT to be kiddin!

She was commenting primarily on the how it was resolved once the plot was attempted but SHEESH, how could she even think that when everything went to crap until that point. I heard Leiberman say today that this was like the 12th act of terror on American soil this year and the third to actually be carried out (though without serious consequences this time). Anyone that thinks these people are going away peacefully better be thinking again.
I saw the other day someone in the MSM was once again wanting to attribute it to some mental disorder. :roll:
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ac1998

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:26:27 AM »
The system failed miserably.  The same problems that we had before 9/11 still exist now.  Govt. agencies are too worried about protecting their 'turf' than sharing and communicating with each other.  It has been the reoccurring pattern in every terrorist attack or attempted attack.  9/11- FBI, ICE and CIA didn't communicate, Ft Hood - FBI and Military Intelligence didn't communicate, Flight 253 - State and TSA.

This issue was the whole impetus behind the creation of the Dept. of Homeland Security, yet they still haven't solved the problem.

We have 550,000 people on various watch lists right now.  And the fact that their isn't a consolidated list 9 years after 9/11 is a travesty.  This is a non-partisan issue, both parties have failed.  At the very least national defense should be 1 issue were special interests and partisanship is set aside, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Neither side has been willing to stand up to their side (ACLU on the left and NRA on the right, for example)

As for NApolitano, I saw the interview yesterday on Meet the Press.  She WAS talking about the response to the attack when she said the system worked (notifying other inbound transatlantic flights, immediatlely raising the security monitoreing, etc.).  But regardless, it was an odd choice of words and came off way to flippant.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 09:36:16 AM »
Quote from: "ac1998"
The system failed miserably.  The same problems that we had before 9/11 still exist now.  Govt. agencies are too worried about protecting their 'turf' than sharing and communicating with each other.  It has been the reoccurring pattern in every terrorist attack or attempted attack.  9/11- FBI, ICE and CIA didn't communicate, Ft Hood - FBI and Military Intelligence didn't communicate, Flight 253 - State and TSA.

This issue was the whole impetus behind the creation of the Dept. of Homeland Security, yet they still haven't solved the problem.

We have 550,000 people on various watch lists right now.  And the fact that their isn't a consolidated list 9 years after 9/11 is a travesty.  This is a non-partisan issue, both parties have failed.  At the very least national defense should be 1 issue were special interests and partisanship is set aside, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Neither side has been willing to stand up to their side (ACLU on the left and NRA on the right, for example)

As for NApolitano, I saw the interview yesterday on Meet the Press.  She WAS talking about the response to the attack when she said the system worked (notifying other inbound transatlantic flights, immediatlely raising the security monitoreing, etc.).  But regardless, it was an odd choice of words and came off way to flippant.

This
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
As for NApolitano, I saw the interview yesterday on Meet the Press. She WAS talking about the response to the attack when she said the system worked (notifying other inbound transatlantic flights, immediatlely raising the security monitoreing, etc.). But regardless, it was an odd choice of words and came off way to flippant.

Correct. How she ever came up with that comment it totally beyond me. It was like CYA.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
Looks like she offered a retraction. We are now in agreement.  :D

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »
Maybe Barack can appoint his very own White House security super team.   :D
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville