Author Topic: Stock Up or Down on your Fantasy Team  (Read 2560 times)

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Up or Down on your Fantasy Team
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
A little more tweaking.....

Reader, Varner and Melde for Brown, Smith and Nauman.  Noodle time.........
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Drooke

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »
Man oh man Ac this is turning into a potential blockbuster.  I'm unfamiliar with Melde's accomplishments this season.  Let me do some research, check schedules and I will get back with ya.  I'm also gonna ask Bronco in his new 133 pac-10 thread if he has heard any news on Hoch.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
UP Stock

McBono
Slaton
Ellis

Down
Cathell (this dude NEVER wrestles)
Dennis (jerk sitting out the Midlands)
Patrovich
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Drooke

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 02:00:37 AM »
AC, I've been watching "our" wrestlers pretty closely and I want to put this out on the table.....

Just know that I'm still VERY interested in dealing.  Reader just lost a close one again and I'm not so sure that he would be such and upgrade to Brown, or even Young.

At this point I want guys IN the finals at Nationals because I have a feeling I will need those points at the conclusion of this season.  165 will just be SICK at Nationals.

Bronco said that Hoch could have wrestled at Reno but decided to sit.  So (if true) I'm interested in dealing here with an Oliver swap.

If Nauman could actually get back on the horse and have a good week I could possibly see a Dake for Varner trade here.  Dake is going to be putting up some massive numbers and is a legit contender for the title so I think it's fair (he lost to Reece in OT).  Although I really have developed quite the soft-spot for the young man.

Whattya think?  My schedule is good for the next week so...the ball is in your court.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 02:28:04 AM »
Drooke take a tip from a pro, these negotiations are best conducted in private.  Otherwise I'm going to have to point out how ridiculous comparing Dake to Varner is in terms of ability.  Varner is a three time finalist and returning champ, while Dake is a top 10 ranked Frosh who might very well be the next Kellen Russell.

Also acting like Reader isn't a considerable upgrade over Young or Brown because he lost to Schlatter and Howe is silly...

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 05:53:26 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
Drooke take a tip from a pro, these negotiations are best conducted in private.  Otherwise I'm going to have to point out how ridiculous comparing Dake to Varner is in terms of ability.  Varner is a three time finalist and returning champ, while Dake is a top 10 ranked Frosh who might very well be the next Kellen Russell.

Also acting like Reader isn't a considerable upgrade over Young or Brown because he lost to Schlatter and Howe is silly...

He is beating you by 54 points, so I think he has the right to make his own predictions.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 07:58:56 PM »
Quote from: "nywrestler4life"

He is beating you by 54 points, so I think he has the right to make his own predictions.

Yes, because having a 50 point lead halfway through the regular season is the same as winning the whole thing  :roll:

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 09:13:59 PM »

Yes, because having a 50 point lead halfway through the regular season is the same as winning the whole thing  :roll:

Says the man who declared the season over after week 1.

:mrgreen:

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »

Lost, sounds like your out a 197.  Beatty is supposedly out until Big tens.  Hopefully Lofthouse performs well for both you and Iowa.

Drooke

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Lost, sounds like your out a 197.  Beatty is supposedly out until Big tens.  Hopefully Lofthouse performs well for both you and Iowa.

lol

Hey lost how about my 197 Starks for uh.. say Howe? :D   What is your analysis on that?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 04:21:51 AM »
Easy to laugh when your luck has been amazing and you haven't had a single guy go down with a significant injury...

I'll deal, my fantasy luck is usually terrible and I still overcome.  I had two guys with blown ACLs last year.  This year I have lost Burroughs for the season in my A league right after making a massive trade for him, and have had the usual share of guys getting injured/flaking out.

If Beatty is out I guess I'll be down a 197 til the post-season.. not many trades that would make sense.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
are you willing to sell your soul for a championship?  I have Lapotsky.  He is third in the land (granted the third best in his conference as well).
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
who would you want for lapotsky?  he is your only 197.  I'd give you beatty for him if you want to start building a conf team