Author Topic: Yargin Tournament  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Yargin Tournament
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:06:47 PM »
I think Mocco lost to Dlagnev.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
Quote from: "Julio"
http://http://wrestrus.ru/page/news/Novosti_turnirov/gran_pri_ivan_yarigin_2010/VNIMANIE__Smotrite_onlajn_transljacii_turnira_JArigina_na_Wrestrus_Ru_

Some Yargin tournament video.  I think Mocco and Hrovat did well.

All I see is a bunch of Cyrillic russian... where is the English prompt and the vid prompt?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:46:38 PM »
I was hunting around the site looking for the tournament prompt and hit this link: http://wrestrus.ru/page/fund/0001/. In it Karelin is jabbering away in russian with montages of wrestling matches when all of a sudden footage of a Russian Tupelov Bomber appears! Would LOVE to hear how THAT came up in a discussion on wrestling.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
Its also interesting that Karelin has no cauliflower ear.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"

It must be hard to get hit in the ear when the other guy is flying through the air half the match.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
Quote from: "nywrestler4life"

It must be hard to get hit in the ear when the other guy is flying through the air half the match.

I have NEVER seen a wrestler with a fraction of his accomplishments who had ears sticking out like that with no cauliflower. You have a point, but I think part of it is the Greco. I imagine its also testifies to the fact that he was controlling most of the tie ups as well.

(Did you find the video footage of the tournament?)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:24:33 PM by ViseGrip »

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:15:53 AM »
Quote from: "nywrestler4life"

I have NEVER seen a wrestler with a fraction of his accomplishments who had ears sticking out like that with no cauliflower. You have a point, but I think part of it is the Greco. I imagine its also testifies to the fact that he was controlling most of the ties ups as well.

(Did you find the video footage of the tournament?)

I know that is wild huh?  I have had nasty cauliflower ears since junior year of HS and I began wrestling (barely) competitively in 8th grade.  This guy was smashing heads with the best HEAVYWEIGHTS in the world and winning Gold Medals for like 20 years!
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan