Author Topic: TRADE ISSUE!!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
TRADE ISSUE!!
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:41:06 AM »
I don't know why I didn't catch this earlier, but we have an issue. I was going through the team results tonight and noticed that both Lost and Nywrestler4life have Brester on their rosters this week. So here is what see:

1/28: LoSt Trades Jayson Ness and Chad Beatty to Ny wrestler for Craig Brester and Steve Brown

The trade took place before the current weeks rosters were due and therefore Brester and Brown were officially on Lost's roster for the current week. Nywrestler4life will not receive any points for 197 or Flex this week. Hopefully this is the only problem.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:34:00 PM by AKIN »
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: TRADE ISSUE!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
I posted my lineup unedited on January 27th.  Why would I change it after we made the trade?  Every other trade doesn't get put into effect until the week after it seems.  Is this in the rules somewhere, about a trade/use of traded players deadline?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »
I want my trade to go through w/ NYWRESTLER!!!! that's my trade issue
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »
Lost is still in charge, so it is his call. But in my opinion, once a trade is made, the wrestlers are property of the teams they have been traded to at that point, and it is the responsibility of the persons involved to make sure that they alter their line-ups accordingly, if they have already put them in for the next week.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »
once the trade is made wrestlers officially change hands, unless a different date is specified.

Sometimes for lineup reasons a person might say "I trade wrestler X for Wrestler Y, to go into effect next week."  In that case the exchange wouldn't take place until after lineups were done

Sorry NY I thought you knew.  If there was an easy fix to this I might let it slide this one time, but I specifically changed my lineup to reflect that Brester was on my team, and we can't both get his points.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »
I can't get the points for Lofthouse then?  He obviously would have been my guy since he's my only 197

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »
I'm 34 points out of the post season and thats 18 points taken away from me.  Or 9 if I get lofthouse instead of Brester.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
I will discuss this further with Akin and let you know our final decision

Drooke

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »
Just my .02, but I think it is only fair to allow NY to score Loft's points if he isn't allowed to have Brester's.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
once the trade is made wrestlers officially change hands, unless a different date is specified.

Sometimes for lineup reasons a person might say "I trade wrestler X for Wrestler Y, to go into effect next week."  In that case the exchange wouldn't take place until after lineups were done

Sorry NY I thought you knew.  If there was an easy fix to this I might let it slide this one time, but I specifically changed my lineup to reflect that Brester was on my team, and we can't both get his points.

wait so does my trade go through with sending him Patrovich?  I mean that seems to be what you're implying here.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
Quote from: "brycemus"
Quote from: "LoSt"

wait so does my trade go through with sending him Patrovich?  I mean that seems to be what you're implying here.

No.  That trade was made under false pretenses and so I gave him the opportunity to reconsider, which he wisely did.  If you manage to swindle someone and it slips past me then I guess good for you, it will stand.  But that trade never took place

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »
I have discussed this with Akin and we have decided to give you Lofthouses points, primarily because you are right on the edge of making it, and we dont want to look like we are protecting our spots.

However, with that being said, this is a ONE TIME EXCEPTION.  The rule going forward is that guys change hands immediately once a trade is specified, unless a different date is set.  If you make a trade before the midnight lineup posting deadline, then it is your obligation to change your lineup to reflect that trade

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
I will go back and modify that weeks roster results to show the change and add those points to his overall total.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
He also had Brown as his flex for the week in question. Brown was also involved in this trade, so do we allow him to pick whoever he wants to put in there as a flex? I would say that since we gave him Lofthouse, he should go ahead and take the 0 points at his flex for that week. Just my opinion.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"
He also had Brown as his flex for the week in question. Brown was also involved in this trade, so do we allow him to pick whoever he wants to put in there as a flex? I would say that since we gave him Lofthouse, he should go ahead and take the 0 points at his flex for that week. Just my opinion.

agreed.  we are already stretching the rules