2) No
5 (33.3%)
3) One cannot be sure
5 (33.3%)
4) Come back as Rabbit
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 24, 2010, 10:13:29 AM

Author Topic: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?  (Read 10072 times)

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
3 choices....Yes, no or one cannot be sure.  Or pick a 4th choice that means you come back as a monkey or rabbit when you die.
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
I answered 3 although I do believe that part of each of us continues to live forever.  The reason being, I do not believe it is constrained by the personality and memories of the physical body and the majority of those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual that previously existed here on Earth.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 05:03:15 PM by coachsparky »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
So I understand clearly, Coach, you believe that physically our bodies don't go to heaven, but our souls do.  And adding to that, once in Heaven, one will not have recollection of any of their lives or who they were while they were on Earth.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
I answered 3 although I do believe that part of each of us continues to live forever.  The reason being, I do not believe it is constrained by the personality and memories of the physical body and the majority of those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.
WTF???????

WHO has espoused THAT theory???

I swear Sparkles...  you get more and more delusional daily.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
So I understand clearly, Coach, you believe that physically our bodies don't go to heaven, but our souls do.

Correct on that one.

And adding to that, once in Heaven, one will not have recollection of any of their lives or who they were while they were on Earth.

No it is a lot more complicated than that.  I believe we become part of a collective and no longer have our individual characteristics, but join our consciousness with that of others.  It is rather complicated but I do not feel we exist beyond this lives as completely seperate individuals.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
I answered 3 although I do believe that part of each of us continues to live forever.  The reason being, I do not believe it is constrained by the personality and memories of the physical body and the majority of those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.
WTF???????

Not delusional at all Tight_a$$.  Nobody but nobody knows for sure what happens after death and anyone who thinks they do are the ones who happen to be delusional.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
WTF???????

Not delusional at all Tight_a$$.  Nobody but nobody knows for sure what happens after death and anyone who thinks they do are the ones who happen to be delusional.

This.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
So I understand clearly, Coach, you believe that physically our bodies don't go to heaven, but our souls do.

Correct on that one.

And adding to that, once in Heaven, one will not have recollection of any of their lives or who they were while they were on Earth.

No it is a lot more complicated than that.  I believe we become part of a collective and no longer have our individual characteristics, but join our consciousness with that of others.  It is rather complicated but I do not feel we exist beyond this lives as completely seperate individuals.

I agree with you on the first one, too.  The second thought I guess I can't be sure completely either way.  Since God created us as individuals ( not one single person is alike on the planet, amazing ), I am guessing to the supreme being we might not be lumped together as a group.  Maybe?  Also, we are each held accountable ( aren't we? ) for our individual actions so that leads me to believe we might be individuals ( as souls ) in Heaven, also.  BUT in Heaven, there is perfection and one doesn't worry about sin there, I think.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »
listening to people discuss what they thinks happens after death is really pretty amusing.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
listening to people discuss what they thinks happens after death is really pretty amusing.

Very true.  and reading "what they thinks" is funny, also.  Now take that gratuitous "S" off of thinks please, James.  :)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
WTF???????

NO Sparkles! The question was merely afterlife? yes, no, etc.
Then YOU SAID
those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.

I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »
WTF???????

This.
STFU

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »
WTF???????

Then YOU SAID
those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.

I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!

You truly are ignorant tight_a$$, only surpassed by the crazy texas coach himself.  There is nothing delusional at all about believing that when we pass from our bodies we join as a collective consciousness or soul, it is simply my unique conjecture about what happens after death, which nobody can prove of disprove.  The delusional ones are the ones that think they can.  Ahem, like yourself stupid.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »
WTF???????

This.
STFU

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:01 PM »
WTF???????

Then YOU SAID

You truly are ignorant tight_a$$, only surpassed by the crazy texas coach himself.  There is nothing delusional at all about believing that when we pass from our bodies we join as a collective consciousness or soul, it is simply my unique conjecture about what happens after death, which nobody can prove of disprove.  The delusional ones are the ones that think they can.  Ahem, like yourself stupid.

this.