Poll

Afterlife? Yes, no, not sure or Rabbit

1) Yes
4 (26.7%)
2) No
5 (33.3%)
3) One cannot be sure
5 (33.3%)
4) Come back as Rabbit
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 24, 2010, 10:13:29 AM

Author Topic: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?  (Read 10073 times)

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
I answered 3 although I do believe that part of each of us continues to live forever.  The reason being, I do not believe it is constrained by the personality and memories of the physical body and the majority of those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.
WTF???????

WHO has espoused THAT theory???

I swear Sparkles...  you get more and more delusional daily.

Not delusional at all Tight_a$$.  Nobody but nobody knows for sure what happens after death and anyone who thinks they do are the ones who happen to be delusional.
NO Sparkles! The question was merely afterlife? yes, no, etc.
Then YOU SAID
Quote
those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.

I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!

You truly are ignorant tight_a$$, only surpassed by the crazy texas coach himself.  There is nothing delusional at all about believing that when we pass from our bodies we join as a collective consciousness or soul, it is simply my unique conjecture about what happens after death, which nobody can prove of disprove.  The delusional ones are the ones that think they can.  Ahem, like yourself stupid.
In addition to being delusional you are dodging my challenge.... so I'll make it AGAIN.
I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that  ANYONE on here has said "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!

Anthony and cougar1 have both indicated that they believe they continue to survive as the unique individual that they are here on Earth dumbphuck.  I would be willing to bet that you believe that too but are too ignorant to even understand what you are even saying. :roll:

Once again Sparky you have elevated the conversation to a new level of crass communication.

Sorry cougar but it is obvious to all it started with Tight_a$$! :roll: Of course since you disagree with my religious and political views you WANT to blame it on me.  But the evidence is right in front of your eyes for anyone to see.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline AnthonyMarston

  • DI
  • ***
  • Posts: 702
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
Just real quick before I go into work here... When I say I believe that we are individuals in Heaven and not just one collective lump, I do not mean to imply that the remembrance of things on Earth stay with us...ie our lives working at the Steak and Shake, childhood memories, etc etc.   Heaven, I believe, does not include earth's shortcomings and imperfections.

  With that said, God knows every individual hair on each person's head.  I feel that we do have a personal relationship individually with God above in Heaven as we can down here.  

Sorry if that is mumbled - I'm trying to type fast.
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
Just real quick before I go into work here... When I say I believe that we are individuals in Heaven and not just one collective lump, I do not mean to imply that the remembrance of things on Earth stay with us...ie our lives working at the Steak and Shake, childhood memories, etc etc.   Heaven, I believe, does not include earth's shortcomings and imperfections.

  With that said, God knows every individual hair on each person's head.  I feel that we do have a personal relationship individually with God above in Heaven as we can down here.  

Sorry if that is mumbled - I'm trying to type fast.

Anthony, if you are a unique individual in heaven, the same person who was on Earth, why would you not remember things from Earth?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline AnthonyMarston

  • DI
  • ***
  • Posts: 702
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
You are not necessarily the same person as on earth, but you still are a unique being in Heaven.  Just as you inhabit a body on Earth, not so in Heaven.  I believe the soul only rises and not the body.  All Earthly things go to the wayside and are not brought into Heaven, I believe.  That does not mean that God does not view us as unique in Heaven.  I don't believe he views us as simply a collection or group that he created.
  A lot of this has to probably do with one's view of the bible.  If you believe what the Bible teaches, then it leads one to believe in individuality.  If the bible is viewed as a fictional book, then all things are possible, I suppose.
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
You are not necessarily the same person as on earth, but you still are a unique being in Heaven.  Just as you inhabit a body on Earth, not so in Heaven.  I believe the soul only rises and not the body.  All Earthly things go to the wayside and are not brought into Heaven, I believe.  That does not mean that God does not view us as unique in Heaven.  I don't believe he views us as simply a collection or group that he created.
  A lot of this has to probably do with one's view of the bible.  If you believe what the Bible teaches, then it leads one to believe in individuality.  If the bible is viewed as a fictional book, then all things are possible, I suppose.

Gotta disagree there Anthony.  I do not believe the Bible teaches anything about what the afterlife will be like.  It only teaches about right living here on Earth and is completely silent about what the afterlife will be like.  But then a lot of people read a lot of crazy, unsaid (or unwritten) things into it.  You do not have to believe that the Bible is "fictional" to not see anything about the afterlife in it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
You are not necessarily the same person as on earth, but you still are a unique being in Heaven.  Just as you inhabit a body on Earth, not so in Heaven.  I believe the soul only rises and not the body.  All Earthly things go to the wayside and are not brought into Heaven, I believe.  That does not mean that God does not view us as unique in Heaven.  I don't believe he views us as simply a collection or group that he created.
  A lot of this has to probably do with one's view of the bible.  If you believe what the Bible teaches, then it leads one to believe in individuality.  If the bible is viewed as a fictional book, then all things are possible, I suppose.

Anther thing I do not understand AM, if you are a unique being in Heaven, but not the same unique being that existed on earth, were two being created when you were born on Earth and the second being takes over after the earthly body passes?  Just curious?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ctc

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 17875
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
One of the most certain facts in all of history (and the very most significant) is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  To deny it is to deny all the evidence and reason.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Quote from: "ctc"
One of the most certain facts in all of history (and the very most significant) is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  To deny it is to deny all the evidence and reason.


?????  Really, this is a new finding then ctc, when did they find actual physical, scientifically testable evidence of such????
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ctc

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 17875
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ctc"
One of the most certain facts in all of history (and the very most significant) is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  To deny it is to deny all the evidence and reason.


?????  Really, this is a new finding then ctc, when did they find actual physical, scientifically testable evidence of such????
Sparkillian logic at its finest.   :roll:

It is historical evidence, "brilliant one".
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
Quote from: "ctc"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ctc"
One of the most certain facts in all of history (and the very most significant) is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  To deny it is to deny all the evidence and reason.


?????  Really, this is a new finding then ctc, when did they find actual physical, scientifically testable evidence of such????
Sparkillian logic at its finest.   :roll:

It is historical evidence, "brilliant one".

I asked a very very simple question oh crazy texas coach.  I see you are totally incapable of answering.  Guess that really is the answer. :D
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Cougar1

  • LXP
  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 22854
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "Cougar1"
I'd have to have a better explanation of Sparky's definition of "unique individual" before I jump on the band wagon. It would be nice, however, if the conversation could continue without insulting comments.

It is simple cougar, I mean a person who knows and recognizes him or herself as say Bob Hoffman from the planet Earth who lived from 1959 to whenever, married Michele Hoffman, had two kids named Eric and Alec, remember how it fall in love, marry, have your children born and on and on and on.  

I agree, it would be nice if Tight_a$$ would stop the insulting comments.  Remember he started it.

In that case it would essentially be consistent with what I believe.

I believe you have referred to VG as "Tight_a$$" in virtually every post so to put all the blame on him for the downward trend of the discussion seems a bit unreasonable.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "Cougar1"
I'd have to have a better explanation of Sparky's definition of "unique individual" before I jump on the band wagon. It would be nice, however, if the conversation could continue without insulting comments.

It is simple cougar, I mean a person who knows and recognizes him or herself as say Bob Hoffman from the planet Earth who lived from 1959 to whenever, married Michele Hoffman, had two kids named Eric and Alec, remember how it fall in love, marry, have your children born and on and on and on.  

I agree, it would be nice if Tight_a$$ would stop the insulting comments.  Remember he started it.

In that case it would essentially be consistent with what I believe.

I believe you have referred to VG as "Tight_a$$" in virtually every post so to put all the blame on him for the downward trend of the discussion seems a bit unreasonable.

He refers to me as spunky or sparkles in every single post as well, that is called tit_for_tat cougar.  The downward trend occured when he called me delusional.  That was clearly the begining of the throwing of dirt.  Nuff said.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 14015
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
I answered 3 although I do believe that part of each of us continues to live forever.  The reason being, I do not believe it is constrained by the personality and memories of the physical body and the majority of those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.
WTF???????

WHO has espoused THAT theory???

I swear Sparkles...  you get more and more delusional daily.

Not delusional at all Tight_a$$.  Nobody but nobody knows for sure what happens after death and anyone who thinks they do are the ones who happen to be delusional.
NO Sparkles! The question was merely afterlife? yes, no, etc.
Then YOU SAID
Quote
those that answer yes on this poll would mean that very narrow and certainly wrong position that they survive as the unique individual here on Earth.

I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!

You truly are ignorant tight_a$$, only surpassed by the crazy texas coach himself.  There is nothing delusional at all about believing that when we pass from our bodies we join as a collective consciousness or soul, it is simply my unique conjecture about what happens after death, which nobody can prove of disprove.  The delusional ones are the ones that think they can.  Ahem, like yourself stupid.
In addition to being delusional you are dodging my challenge.... so I'll make it AGAIN.
I asked you to provide justification for that obviously delusional assertion that  ANYONE on here has said "that they survive as the unique individual here". And you CANT. Can you!

Anthony and cougar1 have both indicated that they believe they continue to survive as the unique individual that they are here on Earth dumbphuck.  I would be willing to bet that you believe that too but are too ignorant to even understand what you are even saying. :roll:
First of all if your characterization of their view point is as wrong headed as is your characterization of my view of heaven you owe all three of us an apology. I'll wait to hear from anthony and cougar before I take your prevaricating and self serving opinion of THEIR pov.

Here is cougar's response:

Quote from: "Cougar1"
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "Cougar1"
I'd have to have a better explanation of Sparky's definition of "unique individual" before I jump on the band wagon. It would be nice, however, if the conversation could continue without insulting comments.

It is simple cougar, I mean a person who knows and recognizes him or herself as say Bob Hoffman from the planet Earth who lived from 1959 to whenever, married Michele Hoffman, had two kids named Eric and Alec, remember how it fall in love, marry, have your children born and on and on and on.  

I agree, it would be nice if Tight_a$$ would stop the insulting comments.  Remember he started it.

In that case it would essentially be consistent with what I believe.

I believe you have referred to VG as "Tight_a$$" in virtually every post so to put all the blame on him for the downward trend of the discussion seems a bit unreasonable.


Now it appears to be you who owes someone and appology.  I won't hold my breath.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ctc

  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 17875
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
I got this from some website.  It is not my own.

The Top 10 Reasons To Believe In The Resurrection:

#10- The Jewish prophecies speak of "One who would die for the sins of many." (Isaiah 53:4-5) The Apostle Paul points out that without the resurrection, we would still be in our sins. (1 Corinthians 15:17)

#9- Lack of DNA Evidence...which brings me to the next three points:

#8- The empty tomb. You cannot collect evidence from a missing body.

#7- The guarded tomb. The punishment for a Roman guard falling asleep was punishable by death.

#6- If there was a dead body, Rome and the chief priests would have produced it to squelch the mounting evidence of the resurrection. Where's the body?

#5- Women given place of honor by becoming the first apostles. Jesus showed his resurrected body to women first. Only Jesus would have given women, especially in that day, this honor: Jesus told them to, "Go and tell my brothers, the disciples, the good news." If this was a fairy tale, men would have been the culturally accepted ones to first discover the empty tomb.

#4- Eye witnesses: over 500 people saw Jesus' resurrected body at the same time!
(1 Corinthians 15:6)

#3- The disciples changed from being cowards, to being willing to die for what they saw. If Jesus Christ wasn't raised from the dead, if it weren't true, Peter, the other disciples, and the rest of the early Christians, would have remained silent to protect themselves from persecution, torture and death!

#2- The Apostle Paul, a well-known, devout Jew, who hated Christians and wanted to kill them; until he met the risen LORD. That would be like Osama Bin Laden becoming a Christian and telling the world about it.

And, the #1 reason to believe in the resurrection of Jesus: Because he said so! (John 2:19-20) Jesus predicted his death and resurrection. Jesus cannot be 'just a good man', or 'a prophet'. He was either a liar and has deceived millions of people for centuries. Or, he was crazy to call himself God. Or he is the Risen Christ, and he told the truth! You decide.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Cougar1

  • LXP
  • Get a Job
  • *
  • Posts: 22854
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »
Sparky, perhaps we would be best served to have VG explain his own view and where he thinks you misrepresented the positions of others. I'd be happy to offer mine.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton