2) No
5 (33.3%)
3) One cannot be sure
5 (33.3%)
4) Come back as Rabbit
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 24, 2010, 10:13:29 AM

Author Topic: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?  (Read 10074 times)

StephanVonVesthell

Re: Is there an After Life?? Yes or No? Or one can't be sure?
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
Quote from: "ctc"
It is just freakish, mindless mixing.  You cannot say that the matter that you are comnposed of is superior to the matter a rock is composed of.  You have no objective means of making a "what is superior" comparison.
All of that is irrelevant.  Regardless of how we came into existence I am still here, and along with many, have yet to see anything resembling proof of an afterlife.  What I do have is my life to live.  This one life right now.  Your simplistic black and white world that you live in is not for me.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »
Quote from: "StephanVonVesthell"
It is just freakish, mindless mixing.  You cannot say that the matter that you are comnposed of is superior to the matter a rock is composed of.  You have no objective means of making a "what is superior" comparison.
All of that is irrelevant.  Regardless of how we came into existence I am still here, and along with many, have yet to see anything resembling proof of an afterlife.  What I do have is my life to live.  This one life right now.  Your simplistic black and white world that you live in is not for me.
We have tons of evidence that Jesus rose from the dead.  You take the unreasonable route of denial contrary to the evidence while I take the reasonable route and embrase the evidence.  Oh well, to each his own.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

StephanVonVesthell

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
TONS of evidence.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »

We have tons of evidence that Jesus rose from the dead.  

"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Umm, CTC, sorry for the dark humor but that is all I could come up with after that hilarious quote.  

Do you even know what evidence is?
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
Umm, CTC, sorry for the dark humor but that is all I could come up with after that hilarious quote.  

Are you asking me to bring forth the evidence and debate it with you.  (promise not to run off crying to sparky for help?)   :lol:
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"

Jimmy, you should know that the crazy texas coach does not have a clue what "REAL" evidence is.  He calls conjecture evidence.  He thinks reading the reports of the Gospel authors written 3-6 decades after the life of Jesus is evidence.  There really is no "REAL" evidence. :roll:
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

sgallan

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
meaning is to procreate, further the species, raise a family, contribute to society.

How do you come up with that?  You are just an accidential chunk of random, meaningless mixing of chemicals.

Shrugs shoulders......  and if I am eternal I am just a useless supernatural being hanging around 'just cause'. What is so meaningful about that?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »
Quote from: "sgallan"
meaning is to procreate, further the species, raise a family, contribute to society.

How do you come up with that?  You are just an accidential chunk of random, meaningless mixing of chemicals.

Shrugs shoulders......  and if I am eternal I am just a useless supernatural being hanging around 'just cause'. What is so meaningful about that?

Meaning only comes from being the best person you can be on Earth and making a positive difference in the lives of those you come into contact with.  What is truly irrelevant to giving life meaning is if you live after you are done here or not.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

sgallan

« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2010, 10:39:11 PM »
Quote from: "coachsparky"
Quote from: "sgallan"

Meaning only comes from being the best person you can be on Earth and making a positive difference in the lives of those you come into contact with.  What is truly irrelevant to giving life meaning is if you live after you are done here or not.

I know that. But many religious folk keep talking about some kind of etheral meaning because they live forever. I am at a loss as to what is so "meaningful" about living forever.