Author Topic: Stalling  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Stalling
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
Stalling just cost robles his match too. And unless I missed it, the ref didn't call it then either.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline jrcamp

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Iowa's influence over how things are ran at the NCAA's.
 No, one team, should have that much influence over a tournament. To think they don't have some sort of bias over how things are run, just makes you clueless.

Wondering why seven of Iowa's matches were on mat #4 this morning (the one that you can NOT see the scoring pylon) from the Iowa section...  If Iowa has so much influence over the NCAA's   :wink:

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »
Any one listen to the prss conf before the semis?  :lol:  :lol:
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:05 AM »
Wow, did Jbo set a new standard for stall riding or what? Him and M* must practice every day.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »
Quote from: "jrcamp"
Iowa's influence over how things are ran at the NCAA's.
 No, one team, should have that much influence over a tournament. To think they don't have some sort of bias over how things are run, just makes you clueless.

Wondering why seven of Iowa's matches were on mat #4 this morning (the one that you can NOT see the scoring pylon) from the Iowa section...  If Iowa has so much influence over the NCAA's   :wink:

Because the NCAA read my posts and finally realized their bias.  :mrgreen:

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 12:14:29 AM »
Quote from: "drmuscle"
Wow, did Jbo set a new standard for stall riding or what? Him and M* must practice every day.

Iowa wrestlers never stall. Just ask the fans.

RYou

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »

Iowa wrestlers never stall. Just ask the fans.

Stalling Iowa style

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 09:05:06 AM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
Quote from: "RYou"
He wears the "I" on his chest.

You know damn well Iowa won't get called for that stuff. Especially when its blatantly obvious. The Iowa bias continues to destroy the sport.

I've talked with refs from the NCAA's who have stated they are afraid to call stalling on Iowa wrestlers because they know they likely won't be invited back to ref, because of Iowa's influence over how things are ran at the NCAA's.
I call your bluff.  You do not know of any.  I see stalling as a problem across the board.  Gable use to even ask the refs to call stalling even on his own wrestlers.  Your comment is a total joke.

I was in the Fan Fest Friday for the semifinals prediction show (it was a joke) and at the end they took questions.  One guy asked why so much stalling is allowed.  The guy that answered it is a former ref and he protected and justified the blantant stalling.  It is hurting our sport and making it boring for any non-wrestler to watch.  Loosen up consistently on the stall calls and the wrestlers and coaches will adjust and open up.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 11:25:12 AM »
I wonder if stalling was called more before message boards became popular?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
I have two complaints with the mindest that currently dominated the way that stalling is called or not called.
1. Saying that backing up in wrestling is stalling is like saying dropping back to pass in football is stalling.
2. Iowa has leaned how to stall and never get called for it. Its called "pummeling".
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
I have two complaints with the mindest that currently dominated the way that stalling is called or not called.
1. Saying that backing up in wrestling is stalling is like saying dropping back to pass in football is stalling.
2. Iowa has leaned how to stall and never get called for it. Its called "pummeling".

I don't know how you can say backing up isn't stalling. If one wrestlers is relying on another wrestler to do something, they are not working an offence, they are waiting for a counter opportunity. When you back up, you are avoiding wrestling. I neither wrestler moves forward, there is no match. The rules require you to wrestle in the center, backing up is about as straight forward as stalling can be, next is the parallel ride. If you don't get off to the side and drive you are riding and not turning.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"

I don't know how you can say backing up isn't stalling. If one wrestlers is relying on another wrestler to do something, they are not working an offence, they are waiting for a counter opportunity. When you back up, you are avoiding wrestling. I neither wrestler moves forward, there is no match. The rules require you to wrestle in the center, backing up is about as straight forward as stalling can be, next is the parallel ride. If you don't get off to the side and drive you are riding and not turning.
I guess you've never seen someone walk straight into a double leg or fireman's or lateral drop.....

Its preposterous to say you cant set up a TD by suckering someone into walking straight into it.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
The worst thing the Brands do is to refuse to shake the opponent wrestlers hand.  Instead they leave the coaching chair and walk away so they don't have to be confronted with good sportsmanship.  That is so bush league.

Stalling is ruining the sport.  I was so incredulously disappointed to finally get to watch Jordan Oliver stall his way through every match.  I was equally excited to see Dennis stand his ground against Ness instead of running to certain victory.  Gable would be proud.
Tax the churches.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
CTC- you really don't what you're talking about. I know plenty. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just stick with your make believe land you call church.