Author Topic: California USAW donates $20K to UC Davis wrestling effort  (Read 12132 times)

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
Re: California USAW donates $20K to UC Davis wrestling effort
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »
Mr. Rockwell, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »
Quote from: "Pirman"
I guess one positive note is OWA has really looked at changing how they do business, so hopefully, the national office will follow suit.

What troubles me about your comment is this ... have you ever BEEN to the national office? Do you know what goes on here? How can you sit there and see things honestly without even trying to understand the other side of the equation.

Have you ever called up here and asked to talk to someone in program development? Do you know how the national office does business on a day to day operation? You don't, your assistant doesn't. I'm arguing against Riverside H.S., and neither of you know anything about what goes on here on a day-to-day basis.

Address is on the website. People are more than welcome to come in and see how hard we work for the kids, the coaches, the parents and the sport.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Quote from: "Jason Bryant"
What troubles me about your comment is this ... have you ever BEEN to the national office? Do you know what goes on here? How can you sit there and see things honestly without even trying to understand the other side of the equation.

Have you ever called up here and asked to talk to someone in program development? Do you know how the national office does business on a day to day operation? You don't, your assistant doesn't. I'm arguing against Riverside H.S., and neither of you know anything about what goes on here on a day-to-day basis.

Address is on the website. People are more than welcome to come in and see how hard we work for the kids, the coaches, the parents and the sport.

Actually I did call about 6yrs ago and they wouldn't help me with anything, so I never bothered to call again. I've even asked for help with things while at Fargo the past 3yrs and got nothing yet again. and I know what does go on a day to day basis, overpaid employees doing nothing for folkstyle wrestling. This is quite obvious.

Your last comment troubles me a lot because you make it seem like USAW is all about the kids. Ask around the nation and you'll find out many, many people think otherwise. Must be nice to feed the public BS, JB, especially when USAW signs our paychecks now.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
Mr. Rockwell, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Actually, there wasn't one false thing I didn't say. But since USAW signs your paychecks now, I can't expect you to use your brain and common sense in this matter. Your viewpoint in this matter is really quite skewed now.

Its funny how that works.

Offline Pirman

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00:45 PM »
Never said people were not working hard.  You think their might be a correlation between our Olympic movement downward spiral and the lack of college wrestling opportunities?  I do not think I have all the answers nor do I think all of USA wrestling is wrong.  But I do think having another wrestling organization to help wrestling is a good thing.  Which goes back to my original post as to how competition is good.  Havea nice day Jason, I really have no desire to discuss this any more because we are both convinced we are right and it is really counterproductive.lol
I do not need the government to run my life, I live in America not North Korea or Iran.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
Your viewpoint in this matter is really quite skewed now.

And your viewpoint isn't skewed against USAW?? Anytime something comes up about USAW, I know it won't be more than a day or so before you are slamming them. You might as well be on ORWAY's(or whatever it's called) payroll.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
Actually I did call about 6yrs ago and they wouldn't help me with anything, so I never bothered to call again.

As for "trying" to get help ... you're probably not telling the whole story, like you've been prone to do to suit your own purpose.

One phone call in 2004? I guess we've been through a lot of staff changes since. I'm glad you're not the quitting type.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"

And your viewpoint isn't skewed against USAW?? Anytime something comes up about USAW, I know it won't be more than a day or so before you are slamming them.

Prove it. Go through all the posts and see if I slam every USAW post.

I will however slam USAW posts that I call into question. This is America and anytime we see something wrong, we should have the freedom to speak up against it. This isn't China, last time I checked.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
Quote from: "AKIN"

And your viewpoint isn't skewed against USAW?? Anytime something comes up about USAW, I know it won't be more than a day or so before you are slamming them.

Prove it. Go through all the posts and see if I slam every USAW post.

I will however slam USAW posts that I call into question. This is America and anytime we see something wrong, we should have the freedom to speak up against it. This isn't China, last time I checked.

So you're saying you don't have a skewed viewpoint?
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Drooke

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
I don't have a dog in this fight but I have been following this saga with much interest. That being said one thing really irritates me, and that being whenever Rock and or Pirman get under JB's skin JB resorts to calling out Rock and Pirman for posting during HS hours and even going so far as mentioned the HS itself. Imo that is going a bit far and is juvenile. This hasn't been the first time it has happened either.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 06:37:07 AM »
A couple suggestions as I watch and read these monster/pissing contest theads about Nuway, USAW etc ..

As a Sales Executive http://http://www.arrow.com/ I have learned and developed a few positive habits with regard to competition. Andy Grove was a great mentor.

1. NEVER become derogative about my/your competition, in personal conversation, not in public, not in the press... I let my actions and performance do the speaking. The trick is .... Out perform them.... simple.

By trash talking, all you are doing is undermine your own efforts. When I see Pirman, and Rock's nasty, inflammatory finger pointing posts .... you two are actually doing more damage to your cause, then helping it. Let your business success, performance, and standing in the wrestling community speak for itself.

2. Instead of trying to prove "My Company" is the best with my mouth or press, or slamming the competition, I do so with my actions, business execution and customer service and let the results speak for themselves.

3. Chill out, and reconfigure the market message to a positive message, instead of spending so much time presenting a derogatory image of you competitor ... You will enjoy greater success, and faster growth.

Granted, this is simply a Wrestling forum, not corporate America, nor the Wall Street Journal ... YET, it does get both institutions coverage. And people walk away with new opinions .. As an up and coming competitor, I would want those "new recruits" (read customers) to walk away with a positive opinion, not the reverse. Which is often the case with these inflammatory, finger pointing, personal attacks that I read.

As a side note .... I no longer really care for Olympic style wrestling, as it no longer represents wrestling in my mind and from personal experience. I cannot describe exactly what it is ... As a result I am a die-hard HS and College fan!! Maybe I'm OLDE SKOOL, yet when Gable won his Gold or John Smith ... It still looked, felt and smelled like wrestling.
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline gg121and2

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
Quote from: "Wire"
A couple suggestions as I watch and read these monster/pissing contest theads about Nuway, USAW etc ..

As a Sales Executive http://http://www.arrow.com/ I have learned and developed a few positive habits with regard to competition. Andy Grove was a great mentor.

1. NEVER become derogative about my/your competition, in personal conversation, not in public, not in the press... I let my actions and performance do the speaking. The trick is .... Out perform them.... simple.

By trash talking, all you are doing is undermine your own efforts. When I see Pirman, and Rock's nasty, inflammatory finger pointing posts .... you two are actually doing more damage to your cause, then helping it. Let your business success, performance, and standing in the wrestling community speak for itself.

2. Instead of trying to prove "My Company" is the best with my mouth or press, or slamming the competition, I do so with my actions, business execution and customer service and let the results speak for themselves.

3. Chill out, and reconfigure the market message to a positive message, instead of spending so much time presenting a derogatory image of you competitor ... You will enjoy greater success, and faster growth.

Granted, this is simply a Wrestling forum, not corporate America, nor the Wall Street Journal ... YET, it does get both institutions coverage. And people walk away with new opinions .. As an up and coming competitor, I would want those "new recruits" (read customers) to walk away with a positive opinion, not the reverse. Which is often the case with these inflammatory, finger pointing, personal attacks that I read.

As a side note .... I no longer really care for Olympic style wrestling, as it no longer represents wrestling in my mind and from personal experience. I cannot describe exactly what it is ... As a result I am a die-hard HS and College fan!! Maybe I'm OLDE SKOOL, yet when Gable won his Gold or John Smith ... It still looked, felt and smelled like wrestling.

Now that right there is one smart post. Thanks for the sanity.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
So you want USA Wrestling to just hand off the 900+ folkstyle events they sanction/run/operate nationwide each year?

How many of those events do the goofs from USAW actually run? I'm not a big NUWAY guy either. But USAW better wake the hell up.  

And Rock, I though MYWAY gave all the money to MSU? They certainly don't support ALL the programs in Michigan equally. Just the one Dave wants to support.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
Quote from: "Intensity guru"
How many of those events do the goofs from USAW actually run? I'm not a big NUWAY guy either. But USAW better wake the hell up.  

And Rock, I though MYWAY gave all the money to MSU? They certainly don't support ALL the programs in Michigan equally. Just the one Dave wants to support.

They donate to every college program in their state that is in need, including their NCWA programs. Donating only to MSU simply isn't true.

However, did find out CA USAW didn't really donate $20,000 to UC Davis. They donated it to the NWCA to help with legal costs. Big difference from donating to the college annually, like they should've been doing all along, versus waiting until the program has been dropped, people rising up against the corrupt system and then CA USAW finally makes a donation, but not really to the school.

So, the title of the article is actually a bit untruthful and should actually read, "CA USAW Donates $20,000 to the NWCA, after UC DAVIS was dropped."

Offline Barrett Abel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
"Rockhard"- As someone who is a lot closer to the situation than you are: the more you talk the more apparent it is that you know very little about the situation. Let me clue you into something- there is a lot of stuff that is being done which isn't being reported on your precious forum. The more stones you cast the bigger fool you look.