Author Topic: Wisconsin wrestle-offs - live web feed 10/28  (Read 1300 times)

Offline horatio

• LXP
  • World Team
    • View Profile
Wisconsin wrestle-offs - live web feed 10/28
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
UW has their intrasquad scrimmage tonight - THURSDAY, OCT. 28, 7 pm CENTRAL - and there will be a live web feed for anyone interested. 

http://www.uwbadgers.com/allaccess/index.html?media=203173

125 - Kelliher v. McQuade
133 - Graff v. Gilpin
141 - Arnell v. Glenn
149 - Schmitt v. Perry
157 - York v. Poikenan
165 - Howe v. Cousins
174 - Jordan v. Iczkowski
184 - Rutt v. McCall
197 - Brandvold v. Borlie
HWT - Bugenhagen v. Tobin
"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin wrestle-offs - live web feed 10/28
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
Any results?

Drooke

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
Oct. 28, 2010

Intrasquad Final Stats

MADISON, Wis. -- The No. 4 Wisconsin wrestling team hosted its annual Intrasquad Scrimmage in front of 649 fans at the UW Field House Thursday night. The Red team took on the White team and hung on for the 21-19 victory. The final match at heavyweight was the deciding factor in this year’s Intrasquad Scrimmage.

At 125 lbs., redshirt sophomore Tom Kelliher defeated freshman Shane McQuade 5-0. Kelliher scored the first points of the match by getting a takedown with 1:20 left in the first period. Kelliher recorded another takedown in the third and 4:50 of riding time to earn three points for the Red team.

No. 3 redshirt sophomore Tyler Graff then took on freshman Alex Gilpin at 133 lbs. Graff eventually won by pin at 3:09, but not before scoring four takedowns, a reversal and nine nearfall points. Gilpin registered three escapes in the match. The win gave the White team a 6-3 lead.

Redshirt freshman Danny Arnel faced freshman Thomas Glenn at 141 lbs. After a scoreless first period, Glenn scored the first points of the match with an escape in the second period. Arnel recorded an escape in the third, but Glenn scored a takedown and riding time to with the bout 4-1, increasing the White team’s lead to 9-3.

No. 19 redshirt sophomore Cole Schmitt then defeated redshirt freshman Shawn Perry 3-0 at 149 lbs. Schmitt scored a takedown with 1:20 left in the first period and an escape in the third to give the White team a 12-3 lead.

At 157 lbs., redshirt freshman Kalvin York pinned freshman Max Poikonen at 4:43. York also scored a takedown and three nearfall points before the fall. The win narrowed the White team’s lead to 12-9.

2010 NCAA Division I national champion junior Andrew Howe then wrestled freshman Frank Cousins at 165 lbs. Howe registered the first points of the match with a takedown 16 seconds into the bout. Howe added three takedowns, a reversal and 4:06 of riding time to win the match 11-2. The major decision gave the White team a 16-9 lead.

No. 17 redshirt freshman Ben Jordan defeated freshman Dylan Iczkowski by a 14-4 major decision. Jordan scored four takedowns, a reversal, two nearfall points and an escape, while Iczkowski registered two escapes and a reversal. Jordan’s win cut the White team’s lead to 16-13.

At 184 lbs., No. 12 junior Travis Rutt faced freshman Timmy McCall. Rutt scored a takedown and two nearfall points to enter the second period with a 4-0 advantage. He then added a reversal in the second and 2:01 of riding time to shut out McCall 7-0. The victory increased the White team’s lead to 19-13.

No. 2 redshirt senior Trevor Brandvold then won by a 15-0 tech fall over redshirt freshman Derrick Borlie to cut the White team’s lead to 19-18. Brandvold recorded two takedowns and 11 nearfall points in the win.

No. 16 redshirt senior Eric Bugenhagen then clinched a victory for the Red team with a 9-3 decision over redshirt freshman Cole Tobin. Bugenhagen scored three takedowns, an escape and riding time, while Tobin registered three escapes.

“The Intrasquad Scrimmage is always a great event for us to see where each guy is at,” Wisconsin head coach Barry Davis said. “After tonight we are able to see what we need to work on and what we have to improve on. Obviously it’s not always fun to watch your own guys wrestle against each other, but we also get to see where our work in the wrestling room has helped us. We are looking forward to our first open tournament next weekend. That will be another measure to use to see where the team is at.”

The Badgers will wrestle in two unattached contests before preparing to face UNC Greensboro in its first dual on Nov. 19 in Raleigh, N.C.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-wrestl/recaps/102810aaa.html

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
So does that make Kalvin York the starter?  That suprises me. 

I noticed that they have McCauley coming in the year after next.  Barry Davis is doing a great job lately. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:11:04 PM by red viking »
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline horatio

• LXP
  • World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »
i'm no insider red but i'd like to see them have york & perry wrestle-off.  perry wrestled 57 last year so it's not like he's unaccustomed to the weight. 
"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."