Author Topic:  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
(No subject)
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
I know we follow FILA rules and all, but under USAW, why don't we create more weight classes for people to compete in at tournaments amnd only use the FILA weights when we travel? Heck, if anything, maybe it would encourage other countries to do the same and we'd get even more people competing worldwide.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rockhard »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »
This was discussed when they made the decision to reduce the weights.  

It had something to do with funding and all that.  But I agree that we could do as you suggest.  However, US Nationals and the Team Trials would have to be FILA weights because they are aiming at the World Championships.  There really isn't that much senior action other than these here in the States.  

I think they should go to 10 weights for the off Olympic years if the Olympics wants to keep only 6 weights.  Or better yet, have both a WC and Olympics in the same year with the WC's at 10 weights.  

mspart
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by mspart »

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »
Quote from: "mspart"
This was discussed when they made the decision to reduce the weights.  

It had something to do with funding and all that.  But I agree that we could do as you suggest.  However, US Nationals and the Team Trials would have to be FILA weights because they are aiming at the World Championships.  There really isn't that much senior action other than these here in the States.  

I think they should go to 10 weights for the off Olympic years if the Olympics wants to keep only 6 weights.  Or better yet, have both a WC and Olympics in the same year with the WC's at 10 weights.  

mspart
I totally agree. What's stopping USAW from at least implementing something like this, in the form we're talking about? Might be worth at least suggesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rockhard »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."