Author Topic: Control from the neutral position  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Scott

• Novice
    • View Profile
Control from the neutral position
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
Does it state or can it be interpreted any where in the NFHS rule book that to be awarded a takedown the offensive wrestler must have control above the defensive wrestlers knees? For example wrestler A has control of wrestler B's ankles on the edge of the mat and has both feet in bounds. Takedown or not a takedown.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Control from the neutral position
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
No, as far as I can remember off the top of my head(rule book is at home), there is nothing that states that control must be above the knees before a takedown can be awarded. There are certainly some officials that call it that way, and I believe there are some states that it is expected that the officials will call it that way. But there is nothing in writing. I will call it on the ankles if the control is there.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
there are some states that it is expected .

WI is one of them, if not the only one.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »
Wisconsin was the one I was thinking about.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.