Author Topic: 3 situations, I need clarity please  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Scott

• Novice
    • View Profile
3 situations, I need clarity please
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »
Wrestler A is down by 1 point and there are less than 30 seconds in the match has a leg in and is trying to banana split wrestler B with out any success.  From an officials point of view what is wrestler B's responsibility.  What would an experience ref call in that situation?

Wrestler A has a pinning combinationstarts to turn wrestler B, both wrestlers are completely in bounds in the process of turning wrestler B wrestler A's feet go out of bounds.  Does action continue or should action be stopped because wrestler A's feet are out of bounds?

In the dual meet tournament to determine the team state champion wrestler A who wrestled 103 the week before in the individual tournament weighs in at 112.7 making him eligible to wrestle 112 with the 2lb. growth allowance.  Can wrestler A wrestle 119 in the dual state championship.  The individual tournament has been completed.

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
Re: 3 situations, I need clarity please
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »
Wrestler A is down by 1 point and there are less than 30 seconds in the match has a leg in and is trying to banana split wrestler B with out any success.  From an officials point of view what is wrestler B's responsibility.  What would an experience ref call in that situation?

Without seeing the situation, I'm not sure there is much wrestler B can really do except defend his position.  Most likely a stalemate call.  The banana split can also be stopped for potentially dangerous.

Wrestler A has a pinning combination starts to turn wrestler B, both wrestlers are completely in bounds in the process of turning wrestler B wrestler A's feet go out of bounds.  Does action continue or should action be stopped because wrestler A's feet are out of bounds?

If supporting parts of either wrestler are in bounds, wrestling should continue.  If B's shoulders/scaps ect.  are in, that constitutes supporting parts, and if A's feet go out, we are still in bounds.

In the dual meet tournament to determine the team state champion wrestler A who wrestled 103 the week before in the individual tournament weighs in at 112.7 making him eligible to wrestle 112 with the 2lb. growth allowance.  Can wrestler A wrestle 119 in the dual state championship.  The individual tournament has been completed.

Hate to give a non answer but it really depends on the state's weight certification program.  Each state is required to establish one that discourages excessive weight reduction an/or wide variations in weight.  Typically the rules are concerned with the reduction but the rules do mention variations in weight.  Most states have some sort of sports handbook that clarifies their weight certification program but the NFHS rules aren't all that specific except for a min weight certification, body fat percentage and dropping 1.5% weight loss per week.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:00:42 PM by matref0 »

Offline Scott

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: 3 situations, I need clarity please
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
Thanks, I really like this forum.  Keep it going please.