Author Topic: UNO dropping wrestling  (Read 16308 times)

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Re: UNO dropping wrestling
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
buck, why do you keep banging on the 'attendance' drum?

how many people show up at field hockey? or volleyball? or golf? or soccer?

...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
This was posted here in ITW:

http://www.insidetexaswrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5795

I found a website that has the State senator's e-mail address. I e-mailed them as well and have gotten favorable responses. ultimately it is up to the Board of Regents, but majority of the Senators support the wrestling team. Here is the link. It also has ways to help the team. Also below the link are some of the responses I have received from the senators.

http://www.mavwrestling.com/
Dear Jared,

My office received your email regarding the decision by the University of Nebraska at Omaha to move to Division I and to cut the Maverick wrestling and football programs.

The move to Division may be a beneficial decision by the University of Nebraska at Omaha. However, I do not support the elimination of these two programs, especially one as successful as the UNO wrestling program.

I introduced LR121 to express the support of the University of Nebraska at Omaha wrestling program and its continuation as a varsity sport. LR121 has been referred to the Education Committee and a public hearing will be scheduled soon; which I would encourage all of you to attend.

Thank you for contacting me on this issue, and I encourage you to continue contacting the members of the University of Nebraska Board of Regents and my fellow Nebraska State Senators.

Respectfully,

Senator Tyson Larson
District 40

Jared:

Thank you for your e-mail about the UNO situation. As a former wrestler myself, I appreciate the level of excellence that Coach Denney's program has attained.

Yesterday, I co-sponsored Senator Tyson Larson's LR121, in which the Legislature expresses its clear support for continuing the UNO wrestling program. Today, I introduced resolutions congratulating the UNO wrestling team on winning the national championship and thanking Coach Denney for his 32 years of service to the state.

I urge you to contact the Board of Regents on this issue, as I will. They ultimately make the final decision on the matter, but only with the entire wrestling community and our elected leaders making our views known do we have a chance of keeping the program running.

Keep up the fight!

State Senator Charlie Janssen
Legislative District #15
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
Very nice Akin. There is a ton of support out there for the program. Let's hope it rattles some cages.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Cruo

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »
As a UNI wrestling fan, I'd love to see UNO in the WWC.