Author Topic:  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »
V - Do you use the term in relationship to Greco and if so how does it relate? I'm not real greco fluent and one of the USAW guys mentioned it to Justin last night.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Cougar1 »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »
That is not one I am familiar with or it is a new name for something old.  What was in relations to? Defense? Offense?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
When you're facing your opponent imagine a triangle from your feet, one to the other and then the apex extending to between his feet. He said you need to control this area. While the terminology may be different I figured you might elaborate on the intent.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
Yes, I am assuming that he is explaing that you want to control the center of your opponent and if you control the area he decribes you have gained the inside position.

Now I do not fully agree with this. I do in theory and often used it. But the issue is you also need to create angles. You will often see most Greco guys try and get that lead leg in between the other guys feet. (assuming the apex of the triangle). The issue is some younger wrestlers stay in there two long. mean that you can leave yourself open to attack as well, if you do not know how to control that position. For me I would do that as well as attach sides creating small angles for attack as well.

Does that make any sense?
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
Yes, I am assuming that he is explaing that you want to control the center of your opponent and if you control the area he decribes you have gained the inside position.

Now I do not fully agree with this. I do in theory and often used it. But the issue is you also need to create angles. You will often see most Greco guys try and get that lead leg in between the other guys feet. (assuming the apex of the triangle). The issue is some younger wrestlers stay in there two long. mean that you can leave yourself open to attack as well, if you do not know how to control that position. For me I would do that as well as attach sides creating small angles for attack as well.

Does that make any sense?
Perfect sense. If you know any resources where I can get a more complete instruction on this please pass them on. Justin wrestled a Greco AA (Fargo). He could stalemate him from a handfighting/upper body control perspective but has problems generating offense and really doesn't know good Greco footwork that well.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
I will see what I can dig up for ya
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:21:25 AM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
I will see what I can dig up for ya
Thanks!

― G.K. Chesterton