Author Topic: WTT; 55kg  (Read 6738 times)

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
WTT; 55kg
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
Blanc
Cejudo
Dennis
Escobedo
Felix
Hazewinkel
Nickerson
Simmons.

There is some great depth here.  Should be an exciting bracket to watch.
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

crablegs

Re: WTT; 55kg
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
Agree there is some good depth.  A lot of those guys are very unproven at the international level.  Some good young talent for the USA though.  Hopefully a lot of those guys stick til 2016.  Most likely won't. 

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
I think Haze is the most dangerous other than cejudo.  Probably one of the only guys in all of U.S. freestyle who can wrestle with the top Russians and Europeans upper body.  I'd like to see some of these guys (Dennis, Escobedo, Blanc, Nickerson) around through 2016 and maybe even 2020.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
Puttin this out there, say what you want:  But is Henry Cejudo talented enough to take off 2 years and come back for a few months and best the guys who have been at it for a few years straight?

It's not as though Henry had a strangle hold on the weight prior to his hiatus.  He was the best, but had his share of losses to a few tough USA guys.  In my opinion the USA field is only deeper and stronger than it was when Henry left.

Henry caught lightning in a bottle for the Olympics and showed his talents.  He was his best when he had to be and that is commendable, but prior to his Gold Medal his international results did not do much to indicate he was primed and ready to win Gold.

This is my opinion, and I wonder if anyone agrees that Henry might not be able to just throw his hat in the ring and make the world team.

If he does it, it will show what a true freak he is.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
Making weight for the first time in a while, might prove to be an issue. But who knows. Anything can happen.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »
Puttin this out there, say what you want:  But is Henry Cejudo talented enough to take off 2 years and come back for a few months and best the guys who have been at it for a few years straight?

It's not as though Henry had a strangle hold on the weight prior to his hiatus.  He was the best, but had his share of losses to a few tough USA guys.  In my opinion the USA field is only deeper and stronger than it was when Henry left.

Henry caught lightning in a bottle for the Olympics and showed his talents.  He was his best when he had to be and that is commendable, but prior to his Gold Medal his international results did not do much to indicate he was primed and ready to win Gold.

This is my opinion, and I wonder if anyone agrees that Henry might not be able to just throw his hat in the ring and make the world team.

If he does it, it will show what a true freak he is.

He looked pretty good in Times Square but I was not familiar with his opponent. One correction in your post. Henry wasn't entirely "off" for the past two years. He trained in MMA and boxing so he was keeping in shape. I do think getting to weight would have been an issue but I think he made a good choice for himself by going to IA and training with Terry again. You are right that if he does it again he will be THE MAN.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Spladlemaster

• LXP
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
Hopefully the true spladlemaster can pull this out.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Don't see Simmons having much of a shot here, just my opinion.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:01:00 AM by vaisforlovers »

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
Interesting. Wonder what changed his mind?
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
My guess would be training with Reece and Bunch.  Good partners for him(that won't be competition)  Ohio RTC has a pretty good thing going.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »
Makes sense. Who are the coaches at the Ohio RTC?

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
Lou Roselli and I think Reece Humphries dad.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:43:31 PM by nywrestler4life »

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
This will be between Cejudo and Hazewinkel.  You heard it here first.  All others are also rans!!

I'm pulling for Sam!!

mspart

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »
Lou Roselli and I think Reece Humphries dad.
Reece's father's name is Jim Humphrey.

I think Angel Escobedo will have something to say about that.  Also, Obe is no slouch and made the World Team for a reason. 

Henry will have his work cut out for him in my opinion.