Author Topic: WTT  (Read 1710 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
WTT
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:17:07 AM »
Overall..... from a technical standpoint... the best wrestling I may have ever seen and that includes the 1984 Olympics (the overall competition here was better than in LA).
Sanderson was the star of the show...but the Ware/Metcalf match was a war... and Metcalf managed not to go postal when Ware did the victory backflip thing. With the improvement he's made, he's a threat to medal.
Varner is our second best wrestler behind Cael. I expect he will medal and maybe bring home gold.
Burroughs is not ready to win a world medal yet. He needs better defense and a better mat game.
If we are going to medal at 55K... its gonna have to be with Henry.
Humphries doesnt appear to be medal quality either yet, but may not be far off.
Dlagnev still looks unpolished. He may be a medal contender in 2012.

Reader looked possessed going into the Sanderson match. He also looked dominate in his previous matches. Losing to Sanderson took a lot out of him and he wasnt the same against Gavin.

Logan Steiber is going to be a VERY good wrestler.

Jordan Oliver would have won 60K...easily in my opinion.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: WTT
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:52 AM »
Agree with basically all of it. I will be interested to see exactly what Metcalfs injury was; ribs, chest?
Varner does look very tough, I can't imagine the training sessions with he and Cael.
Humphries doesn't have the spot locked up yet, still not sure exactly why. But he and Bunch will be entered in an international tournament in the near future, and if Bunch medals and places higher than Humphries than the spot would be his. But he does have to both medal and place higher than Humphries to get it.
I think Tervel will look better against other opponents. Mocco slows the matches down terribly. I also can't imagine getting kicked by one of Mocco's foot sweeps. It looks like he could break bones with that thing.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Drooke

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
Heck Akin, throw Q into the mix with those training session in happy valley...he made a bit of a run himself....

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »
I like Qs chances in the future, as I do Hanke. I've had the opportunity to know Chad personally and if he sticks it out, he's got a bright future.

Simmons will be interesting. His height alone will be difficult to deal with.

Cael and Varner are our best to medal IMO.

Something worth noting. 3 of the wrestlers heading to Worlds train at Oregon St. Nick Simmons, Israel Silva for Mexico and Heinrich Barnes for South Africa. Add in Hanke as an alternate and that's four total training at one college. While I'm sure that other programs are comparable, I can't think of the last time that's happened for OSU.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »
I like Qs chances in the future, as I do Hanke. I've had the opportunity to know Chad personally and if he sticks it out, he's got a bright future.

Simmons will be interesting. His height alone will be difficult to deal with.

Cael and Varner are our best to medal IMO.

Something worth noting. 3 of the wrestlers heading to Worlds train at Oregon St. Nick Simmons, Israel Silva for Mexico and Heinrich Barnes for South Africa. Add in Hanke as an alternate and that's four total training at one college. While I'm sure that other programs are comparable, I can't think of the last time that's happened for OSU.

If you think that line up is tough look at who Penn St. has on payroll. Ware, Varner and Sanderson.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27:09 PM »
PSU is heads above everyone at this point. If I got time, I'll do a breakdown of who trains where and how they did.

OSU getting three guys to the worlds is impressive for me because like I said, I don't think its ever happened before. Sure they are from different countries, but nevertheless, its impressive. Says a lot about the staff at OSU and how far along they have came.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."